Thread: Replica Webley Case Labels.

Replica Webley Case Labels.

This is a resurrection of my original post.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I can now supply replica Webley case labels, same as the one illustrated - (without the overprint):

Webley Case Label

The label can be supplied with either 'Gold' background with black lettering, as illustrated, or White background with black lettering.
    6" X 4" is the standard size, but any size up to A4 can be supplied at extra cost.
    All labels are laser printed on 90gsm paper.
    The cost will be £5 per 6" X 4" label, or £6 for larger sizes up to A4, including postage, with all proceeds going to Naomi House Children's Hospice.

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER ON THIS THREAD -
    USE EMAIL TO: troubledshooter1@btinternet.com

Payment for singles by Paypal £5.38 or £6.42, (please ask for multiples Paypal cost), Cash,On line Bank transfer or Cheque.

As there doesn't seem to be any current interest, I'll not bump this post again for a while.

Can't see any pictures with or without overprint, can you post or email please.

Oh, and sorry, I WILL be voting for AV, it is time for change.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

On my Sig. Site, scroll down to 'Webley Badges-Signs-Labels', bottom row.

Your yellow case label is similar to the one in my Don Blocksidge box (containing one of his engraved pistols) but mine also has the '...Monte Carlo..' legend at the bottom (and four dark bands down it vertically).

However I was more interested in your (only 6 off) Tympest, which looks like the standard Tempest with a smooth forestock, and wondered what the story behind it was???????????????

Bruce does not mention it.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Your yellow case label is similar to the one in my Don Blocksidge box (containing one of his engraved pistols) but mine also has the '...Monte Carlo..' legend at the bottom (and four dark bands down it vertically).

However I was more interested in your (only 6 off) Tympest, which looks like the standard Tempest with a smooth forestock, and wondered what the story behind it was???????????????

Bruce does not mention it.
    The 'Monte Carlo' label is another variant that I haven't yet tried to replicate. It was fitted in the later rexine pistol cases, and should have a very similar border to my replica label
    The 'Typest' came about because a few of the 'Typhoon' rear castings had imperfections, and someone had the idea of chopping the rear casting and turning them into a 'Junior Tempest', but this idea was never taken up, so the few truncated 'Typhoons' became 'Typests'.
    John Griffiths mentions them in his encyclopedia, but didn't have a picture, a situation that's now been rectified.