Thread: A plea for help for an Ex Royal Engineer get his medals back.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dropped a small donation in to Richard and Elaine today, and was surprised to hear the age of the chap involved. (Nice to see you both again )

I had missed the "young" part of Richard's post, and simply applied my RBL stereotype soldier image.

While I am sure Richard's collection will not make this chaps life a bed of roses, it may just be the start of something better for him.

The BBS has swung into action and helped this chap out, and once again shown that a small group of people can make a real difference.

Respect.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Thanks for dropping in Richard.
    We took a further £55.00 to Terry last night, bringing the total donated by members of the BBS (and friends & family) to
    £390.00!
    Terry said he could now fill the car up so he can get to work next week.
    He also showed me his medals last night, he was a different person, he must have been very relieved to get them back!
    As Delta1 said it's not going to make his life a bed of roses but, the stress of him thinking he wouldn't get his medals back, was obviously affecting him.

Well done the BBS!

9 years? What was his pre release training in? Maybe give some pointers for work

I don't know. He was a Brickie after he left the Army, but those jobs dried up, so he's a Lecturer at a college now (less money, hence the financial probs)...

E.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.