Thread: HW 35 Piston Seal Change

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Mick

I have this HW35e (22" barrel) that isn't marked as HW and no reference to Weihrauch or Mellrichstadt bay whatsoever but is simply marked as EUSTA in a horizontal diamond..
    The seial# is 620032 and produced in '76- Fergot to say- 13mm rails..

I emailed Weihrauch for any info pertaining to the rifle but didn't receive a reply

Pic 1

Pic 2

Single sided safety
    Pic 3

John

Nice one John

It looks like that one is pre barrel pivot shims as well, same as my old girl.

I bought the shims from John Knibbs then struggled like hell to get them in only to find out later on here that it shouldn't have them.

Anyway seeing as this thread has become a HW35 show and tell here's mine

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture007.jpg

(sorry I only have one picture of it)

After buying 2 early MK2 HW77ks and an Airsporter S off a mate of mine for £90 the 3 in 1986, he vanished into the coal shed and came back out with this 35 and gave it to me for free.

It's cost me a small fortune since then in machining and workshop time, but who cares.

After fixing the porous breach I decided to have a play with it.

She's been stroked up to 71mm (standard 65mm) then de-stroked down to 52mm and the spring guide and top hat are made from stainless and I've had both factory piston head types fitted as well as a few brass and alloy heads but at the moment it has a Bowkett style twin O ring aluminium piston head.

And I've not finished playing yet.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 19-03-2011 at 07:09 AM.