Thread: .22RF pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roodles is offline Stellen sie Fragen über Fragen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    You're smart to want to stick with a .22: ammo prices being what they are.

I seldom shoot any centerfire guns, any more: airguns and .22's are a lot more affordable, more pleasant to shoot, and make just as good holes in paper.

Jim
    I reload .38 special for about £3.50 ($5.75) for 50... It's the same price as 22lr

Also milsurp for my AK is currently £7.75 ($12.70) per 50, which also isn't bad

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Roodles View Post
    I reload .38 special for about £3.50 ($5.75) for 50... It's the same price as 22lr

Also milsurp for my AK is currently £7.75 ($12.70) per 50, which also isn't bad
    If you're going centerfire, reloading's the only way to go!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi and Thanks for the great response and interesting read.
    I personally am restricted as my club only allows .22rf and air weapons. At the moment I have 3x .22 rifles and a few air rifles and a couple of air pistols, my pistols have been my latest purchases and my ability has improved at a resonable pace and now you probably can see why I am thinking of getting a long barrel pistol.
    I have applied for membership at worcester norton this would enable me to have a greater choice, for the mean time I must continue with what I have.
    I am very happy with .22rf by the way and enjoying many postal comps through my club so, please dont think I am complaining LOL
    ATB
    Mick
    HW100KT .177cal, FWB300s .177cal,Steve Pope lazaglide tuned resetable safety
    HW97K .22cal, Brocock contour .177cal.
    FAC Valmet lion .22RF Target Rifle.