Thread: alecto trajectory on 1 & 2 pumps

alecto trajectory on 1 & 2 pumps

Hi all,

I have been trying to work this out using chairgun, fairly sure its to do with flatter.... oh i dont know...

why is the poi lower on two pumps compared to one at the same range. (8m)

I am not changing the zero.

.177 - super domes - holographic sight.

hang on...!!!!... is it because the pellet is on its way down on the first pump and up on the second.....

thanks for any corrections of confirmations...

Pete

above makes no sense to me now, changed chairgun to 'same angle' for muzzle velocity comparisons and it clearly shows the more pumps the higher the poi should be.

Think i need to check the POI again...

its to do with pellet speed and air resistance....faster the pellet, the lower/flatter the trajectory as the pellet cuts through the air easier.

i know what you mean, however the muzzle angle means that a faster flatter, less resisted pellet ( 2 pumps) should still have a higher POI than the slower, 'loopier?' , slower more resistant pellet??? no???

don't forget i am working at the zero of the lower FPS (1 pump). The initial trajectory cannot get below the starting point of 1 pump. the physics (i think) means the slower pellet gets affected quicker by gravity than the faster pellet and gets pulled down earlier?????

so why the lower poi with more FPS?

i am sure this i simple and i just dont get it.

If the pellet is rising (along the first part of the trajectory curve) then the faster velocity will cause it have a flatter curve.

So it will hit the target at a lower point of impact.

If you shoot at a longer range (on the downward part of the curve) then the POI would drop less with the higher velocity than the lower one at the same distance.

HTH

Mark

I take it your POI is lower with 2 pumps, in reality, and not as CG suggests? I am not familiar with CG, note.

This would be related to the recoil of the gun but I am surprised you have this effect on a pumper rather than a springer.

The simple answer is that the muzzle has more time to rise prior to pellet departure when on a single pump.

But as above I am surprised somewhat at this behaviour on what is a very low recoil gun. With a springer this is to be expected.

Possibly it's to do with trigger release rather than recoil.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

What Air-Tech said.

What is the size of POI change are you describing anyway?

Do you have some way to clamp the pistol, & see if the effect remains?

Let us know how you get on, these sort of anomalies are always interesting to explore.

Regards

I am getting a poi drop of 15mm on two pumps at 8m.

I will perform some more test shots when I get time?

Does anyone else with an Alecto get the same? I know my friend who also has one does.

I just don't get how with the same muzzle angle the more powerful (2pump) shot hits lower. Surely it should be higher.