Thread: HW 80 valuation?

edbear2 Guest

HW 80 valuation?

I was chatting today to someone who said they have a HW80 'somewhere' up stairs, that they have not used for years. all I know is that it is .177, and circa early-mid 1980's (if he remembers right)......assuming little use, good condition and properly stored as he claims, what would be a ballpark figure one would expect to have to pay please (he is not a shooter so has no idea of value, and this make / model is not my normal type of thing)......many thanks in advance!

I would say £120 - £130 would be a fair price for good condition
    Dave

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    It really does all depend on condition.
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Hw80

SFS had one for sale in super condition for £150.

Mach 1.5

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I bought a super condition, slightly customised one for £160 with big scope.

edbear2 Guest
    Thanks guys.......Haven't actually seen it yet, so am not holding my breath ( I have encountered more than a few "mint" described guns in my time that have turned out to be car boot fodder when actually seen).

Not normally from shooters mind you, but condition after 20 odd years unseen in a loft can be mint or gatepost depending on different factors

How did you get on?

How did you get on with that hw80? Was it mint or gatepost? Did you want said item of a gatepost as am after an 80 for a project .

Regards

Luke

hw 80

cant you atraighten the barrel.ive never done a hw ,but straightened bsa and dianas toffee barrels at home in big vice with hardwood jaws.you can feel the metal shudder wen going back and im told wen its straight it wont go past that point.i gota say i really want a hw 80 rifle not carbine in .22 at a fair price but buying from a forum without seeing it now on hearing your account bothers me.hope you get it sorted
    Last edited by original45; 24-03-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: more bumph

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukefloorwalker View Post
    How did you get on with that hw80? Was it mint or gatepost? Did you want said item of a gatepost as am after an 80 for a project .

Regards

Luke
    Still waiting to see it.......the guy has been working away for 10 days, returning next Tuesday, in Australia, and then is taking some time off......he is known for being a bit of a timewaster, but you never know the reaction when someone sees the folding stuff