Thread: Seems a pity they're selling this as a pistol - Hatsan AT44-PU

Seems a pity they're selling this as a pistol - Hatsan AT44-PU

I saw one of these today. I'd expected a straight-down-the-line pistol, as seen here, but liked the way it has morphed from a huge pistol into a carbine, except for the fact that the removable stock requires it to be sub 6 FPE. Surely it would be better with a fixed (but still telescopic) stock and sold as a rifle? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 04-08-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Isle of Wight - southside with all the sheep
    yes
    i saw this on an Edgar Bros circular yesterday & could not help thinking they have dropped a boll**k here. There is a demand for this as a cheap alternative to Stealth/FX/S16 from that type of buyer
    but a pistol ??
    at 6 ft lb

one thing is for certain
    if you want one wait
    because of EB crazy pricing structure it will be given away in a few months when they realise the market for a take down 'pistol' is too small

I would prefer it as a rifle myself.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Its designed for the US market and they are just flogging a few low-power ones in the UK to scrape up some pounds for the development costs.

It looks hideous, in fact it is the sort of thing that should be fired - out of a cannon into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It looks hideous.
    I tend to agree, but the pistol grip is good anatomically - v. like the Alecto's -, the telescopic stock is a neat design, the side lever is pretty handy for both righties and lefties, plus it has a 10-shot magazine. As a compact carbine, I think it would be quite a hit - a kind of poor-man's (and few of us are feeling particularly flush these days) Verminator, with a much lower shot count but better ergonomics.

That looks quite interesting - looks like a tinkerers paradise, different stock, slightly longer barrel, could be quite a thing

Edit: just seen the price! Maybe not then