Thread: interesting weihrauch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Interesting to see that the rifles capability was based (in part) on the balls penetration into white pine. Was this the norm as chrono's were not as readily available back then?

Highly volatile gases in the compression chamber. Sounds like an engine with a barrel. Very interesting though.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Interesting to see that the rifles capability was based (in part) on the balls penetration into white pine. Was this the norm as chrono's were not as readily available back then?

Highly volatile gases in the compression chamber. Sounds like an engine with a barrel. Very interesting though.
    Hi, Pine is in fact pretty standard ( As regards density ) & many of the older gun reports used Pine,
    The Lewis & Clarke gun mentioned it shooting through 1" Of pine at 100 Yards,

Also I read a report on a Winchester 44 Calibre shooting 4" Into a pine tree at 1000 Yards, Cheers, Ged.

The HW35 Barrakuda features in W.H.B. Smith's book, "Gas, Air, and Spring Guns of the World" written in the '50's.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

thanks lakey

thanks mate for the piccs,ive never seen one before other than the 35 of which im glad to say i have a very nice example resting beside my fwb124.
    i know there is no way of proving the blurb but inch groupings at forty ft given its not quite a regulated kind of mixture so to speak or is it and i havent read it correctly.
    even ggggr gold scorpion cant achieve such a feat unless its using hardened sequienes as ammo.[we still mates]
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    ........Was this the norm as chrono's were not as readily available back then?

As Ged says, Yes this was the norm of yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Thats intresting ! I had an Original 35S with one on !

He wouldn,t sell me the Ether injection unit, Even though I bought the gun !!!! Alas Another escaped.
    The 35S suffered no damage, In fact I think its a stronger base !
    Cheers, Ged.
    No doubt other manufacturers thought it was a good idea in the day Ged, Glad i never owned one, the ether would have knocked me out after a handful of shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro-Express View Post
    The HW35 Barrakuda features in W.H.B. Smith's book, "Gas, Air, and Spring Guns of the World" written in the '50's.
    That's probably because it first saw light of day in 1954.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

i love the bike,i know its off the thread but connecting two products in the single add !!
    and as for the brown pistol ,im drooling thanks trev.
    ps hope things are steadier over there now my relatives are still living on their nerves not far from you.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Here's some more info on the Barakuda from the Air Rifle Headquarters in the US (when it was run by Robert Law in the '60s/'70s). ARH and later Robert Beeman sold the EL54, I believe. A failure really, but an interesting one :

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Weirauch Barakuda

For the information of potential collectors, there is one of these for sale on a US web site (American Airguns Classifieds) Go to: http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/s...umberOfPages=5

This is the second one I've seen in about 6 months. If anyone wants to buy it, since I live in the US, I'd be happy to help if I can. The price is around 460 pounds. I'm told that they can be charged with the ether loaded aerosol cans containing starter booster for lawn mowers etc.

easy start

A chap was telling me he used easy start when he was younger. but the rifles didnt last long!!!!!!

M