Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between the the Daystate Mk3RT and the New Mk3 Sports

What is the difference between the the Daystate Mk3RT and the New Mk3 Sports

Can anybody tell me what the difference between the the Daystate Mk3RT and the New Mk3 Sports ?

And not just the obvious £200 saving.
    Last edited by CoolermasterPro; 17-01-2005 at 07:47 PM.

Kev. (Cambs.) Guest
    Sport has a shorter cylinder (less shots) but lighter and better balanced.

Other than that, not a lot.

Best to handle one of each to make up your own mind, which (if either), you prefer.

I wouldn't have been happy if I had just bought a brand new Mk3 RT, and for the sake of 20 or so shots less between fills for the mk3 Sporter.

Are all the internals the same ?

dwb Guest
    Mk3 RT as a regulator,
    Mk3 Sporter has no regulator

DWBaines

Quote Originally Posted by CoolermasterPro
    I wouldn't have been happy if I had just bought a brand new Mk3 RT, and for the sake of 20 or so shots less between fills for the mk3 Sporter.

Are all the internals the same ?
    I do not believe so - they both now come with the shorter reservoir although the longer one is still available if you want it. The RT has a mechanical regulator to assist consistant power delivery whereas the sporter's shot power is controlled by a combination of efficient valving and electronics.
    The sporter is slightly lighter as the weight of the regulator is out of the equation. Then consider the stocks. The best way to describe the sporter stock is..... well...... like a sporter stock really. The RT stock is a little different; a thumbhole stock of a higher grade walnut with a rosewood grip cap IIRC.

So for your £200 you get the regulator and a beautiful thumbhole stock.

I wouldn't say that the RT is overly expensive compared to the sporter, so much as the sporter is cheap enough to make the Mk3 electronics available to people without as much budget to work with; consider what rifles you could buy brand new if your budget stretched to not more than £750 for the rifle. The Mk3 sports has to be on the contender's list IMO. At the same time consider what you could get new for under £900. Again, the Mk3RT or FT has to be in contention against other rifles in that price band, depending on what you want the rifle for.

David

Lash13 Guest
    Hey phil, I just got the Mk3RT, and its so good I'm actually gonna keep this on!!!!

Kev. (Cambs.) Guest
    ...only time will tell....

Lash13 Guest
    I can tell I'm rapidly becoming the main-stay of the s/h gun market.....whats everyone gonna do if I keep the Mk3? You'll all have to go back to buying new guns wont you?

Hey Kev...dont hold your breath for this one...

Wink

But you haven't owed a MFR yet have you Lee !!!!

Is your Mk3 the Mk3B or or the Mk3b2 ?

I have owned 9 Different rifles in the last 6 months.

But I am thinking about getting a GML400 (is that the ultimate) we will have to wait and see.

Phil

Talking

Coolmaster

I have a GML 400 fitted into a dragon stock. Kicks most other rifles within the price range into touch.

Awesome in a word.

Pete

Can I have one made for me ?

Who would I contact to get one ?

Phil

Lash13 Guest
    Phil...yes I have had an MFR....the one Kev has now got!!
    9 rifles in 6 months....that does beat my record though!!

I've got a Mk3b RT but how do you know if its a 2 or not? Didnt know there were so many variations.

Anyway what are you going for next?

The differences only matter to those daft enough to buy a gun controlled by temperamental electronics, which give up when it rains!

A happy MFR owner

Phil,

The stock was brand new for a parker hale dragon. I bought this off John James but I know he has none left - shame really cos I would have had more off him. Anyway I will try and get some pics to you. The GML conversion turns a good gun out of the box into something very special. I have a steyr also and even though the S400 was half the price it performs just as well. (or maybe thats my shhoting!)

Pete