Thread: Mahely 51 air pistol

Mahely 51 air pistol

Hi guys,can someone please give me a rough idea as to the value of this pistol..

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...x031591014.jpg

Every so often something comes up that is so obscure (locally) that I suppose anyone's guess is good enough.

Try searching internationally for an idea, not that this would equate to what a local buyer would be willing to pay. It could go either way.

The gun itself seems to be a crude-ish Webley - style affair.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Well it's worth less than US$450 or it would have sold by now. I saw this a while back and it's still up for sale.
    Have you asked the seller what their reserve is? Sellers in the USA will frequently tell you if you ask nicely.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    An extremely rare Argentinian air pistol from the 50's (probably only four or five documented in the airgun literature over the past 50 years). I could see a dedicated and discerning collector of vintage spring air pistols being prepared to pay £400-£500 for one in good condition, but your average collector who would see this as an inferior foreign version of the Webley design would probably only pay about £250-£300.

If anyone is interested, it is on an auction site in the USA. with approx 1 1/2 days to go before the current listing ends.
    Buy It Now price is $450. The seller will ship internationally and takes Paypal.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?