Thread: out shooting a gun :(

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!

out shooting a gun :(

what do you do if/when you get to this stage...
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

The answer (if I've understood the question correctly) is the same as most of the pistol answers.

Buy another gun!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

I had a Gat when I was younger, too...

Naw, as Delta says... Get saving

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    The answer (if I've understood the question correctly) is the same as most of the pistol answers.

Buy another gun!
    Does that mean I'm well prepared just in case this happens to me?

What style of gun and type of shootin' Sol?

Nick.
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Use one of Mr Morini's or Mr Steyr's products and never have the same problem again

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Does that mean I'm well prepared just in case this happens to me?

What style of gun and type of shootin' Sol?

Nick.
    Hey Nick,

Its the speed stuff, and you know the gun.
    The time it takes to pull the triger is whats slowwing me down as i can transition between targets faster than i can pull the triger. So faster triger = faster shooting.
    Times when useing the airsoft with the nice triger are a lot faster

Atb
    Sol
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Use one of Mr Morini's or Mr Steyr's products and never have the same problem again
    LOL or Herr Feinwerkbau.....nigh on impossible to even get near to out-shooting a Steyr, Morini or an FWB but you don't need to spend that sort of cash to get pistols that accurate....the Tau 7, Baikal SSP, pardini P10, FAS604/606 or the BRNO aeron series is a perfect example of that on the second hand market.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    LOL or Herr Feinwerkbau.....nigh on impossible to even get near to out-shooting a Steyr, Morini or an FWB but you don't need to spend that sort of cash to get pistols that accurate....the Tau 7, Baikal SSP, pardini P10, FAS604/606 or the BRNO aeron series is a perfect example of that on the second hand market.
    agreed, my list was only kept short for comic effect....

Entry into the "the guns OK, it's just I'm a crap shot" club starts at about £200ish if you choose wisely...

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Or if you feel really masochistic buy a Walther LP 53, you'll master a modern PCP long before you get the beating of that!
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    what do you do if/when you get to this stage...

The CO2 pistols we use can rarely match a centre fire pistol. The method of propulsion and the mechanics of the pistol all have an influence on the speed we shoot.

Am I right in remembering you use a CP99? You can have the trigger smoothed out and tuned but, what is most relevant is the trigger return spring. If your trigger finger out-races the trigger then you need to look at having it changed. There are some that would argue it will make the trigger harder to pull, that does not matter. A smooth and quick return trigger is what you're looking for.

Good luck, Phil (or buy a Smith)

Dont have this problem myself and am hardly ever likely too due to my failing faculties

Recommend an STC 1911 or similar, they work on the internals and make the hammer lighter etc so it all can happen much quicker

I couldnt believe how much better the STC S&W 4" was that I handled at East Barnet

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    If it's the Colt you're referring to it's the DA trigger that's holding you back. The airsofts are a true semi auto with a SA trigger which is why there are so much easier to shoot quickly. The only true semi auto Co2 pistol I'm aware of is the Umarex Desert Eagle. This one has a SA trigger but is a bit cumbersome. See if you try one out to see if you can fire it without outrunning the trigger.

I would also get in touch with the guys at Air Action Shooting. They supply modified 1911's and can probably help or offer some more suggestions.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    I would also get in touch with the guys at Air Action Shooting. They supply modified 1911's and can probably help or offer some more suggestions.
    Well they could supply an STC 1911!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    The CO2 pistols we use can rarely match a centre fire pistol. The method of propulsion and the mechanics of the pistol all have an influence on the speed we shoot.

Am I right in remembering you use a CP99? You can have the trigger smoothed out and tuned but, what is most relevant is the trigger return spring. If your trigger finger out-races the trigger then you need to look at having it changed. There are some that would argue it will make the trigger harder to pull, that does not matter. A smooth and quick return trigger is what you're looking for.

Good luck, Phil (or buy a Smith)
    LOL miles out, Sol uses 1911's

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    LOL miles out, Sol uses 1911's

Ah ha, that's why it's slow to fire.

Nasty little thing. While this trigger may be an improvement over the original single blade it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Phil