Thread: 12.7 x 44R Osolete caliber???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

12.7 x 44R Osolete caliber???

I have always wanted a Rolling Block Rifle just as a wallhanger. I have seen a Swedish rifle in the above caliber but it doesn't seem to be on the list although there are 12.7 x 45R and 12.7 x 48R. The rifle is about 1898 manufacture.

I need to get it right as if I'm going to buy it I will have to import it, so can anyone offer any guidance?

Definately section 58 so no licence required.
    I have a few and they are nice guns.
    HTH
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by mag44uk View Post
    Definately section 58 so no licence required.
    I have a few and they are nice guns.
    HTH
    Tony
    +1

btw I have a few nice rolling blocks coming in on commission sale that I'll be taking down to the Phoenix show at the end of May. There are plenty of decent examples here in the UK, I doubt it would be cost effective to import one unless you get it for a really good price.

rolling block

I am always in the market for a nice Rolling Block
    Cheers

Rob

What should I expect to pay, the one I'm looking at will be about 350 euros including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    What should I expect to pay, the one I'm looking at will be about 350 euros including shipping.
    Condition as always is everything and I'd be careful about buying one online especially from overseas. Dont forget the dreaded import duty and handling charges plus VAT if applicable. This could easily add £100 plus onto the price.

As far as UK prices go for Scandy rolling blocks expect to pay from £250 to £300 for one in poor condition ie non shootable bore, external pitting (but okay as a wall hanger) to around £650 for a really nice example with a fine bore, decent metal work and a nice piece of wood.