Thread: ASG STI Duty One blowback

ASG STI Duty One blowback

I'm looking for a new Co2 blowback and I've come across this: Link

I'm linking to a google search as to not advertise any site in particular but any of the top hits get you the same gun.

I just want to know a little about this gun, the sites give very sparse info and youtube gives only a few vids in other languages. So it seems the publicity on this pistol is very light on the ground, anyone know why that is?

Does anyone know about this one or does anyone own it?

Hi Zippo,

I was looking at one of these the other day, it looked rather nice and other AGS stuff I have handled has been rather nice.

I am sure I saw someone mention owning an STI duty one but I cannot remember who it was or if it was the AGS model.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I have one
    It's a nice bb pistol, I haven't shot it a great deal as it's a project awaiting a suitable rifled barrel
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

i just got my hands on one of thease last week and ill sum it up in one word "awsome fun" ok make that two words , ive had almost a thousand bbs thru mine in a week just cant put it down , its well built very very accurate even for a smooth bore bb shooter with blow back , its way more accurate than my beretta px4 , on a standard ten meter pistol comp target i can keep all 20 shots ( thats one mag full) inside the black center of target at a range of 8 yards , it gets about 50 full power shots and then slowly drops power , mines shooting five mags worth of bbs before running out of co2 even on a cold day it will shoot 80 shots on one co2 and still 40 to 50 of the 80 shots i would say are at full power as long as you dont rapid fire a full mag in one go . The trigger at first feels strange , not bad or nasty just strange then after a few shots you get used to it and its great , you can dump a full mag in under 2 seconds if you like , it seems to have plenty power at least as much as the dan wesson revolver , looks great feels great and they can be had for under 120 quid , the only minor complaint i could make about it is that it does not feild strip but as long as you stick to steel bbs the barrel wont need cleaning anyways , seriously i cant put the dam thing down its way to much fun . oh it has fixed sights and mine shot very low but its just a case of altering your aim then once you find the sweet spot it really is hellish accurate for a blow back bb pistol , if blow backs are ya thing then id say dont hesitate its definatly better than a umarex sa 177 or px4 and cheaper too and build qaulity is great for the price and finally it comes standard with a threaded barrel ready to take standard half inch male threaded silencers , asg are really upping the anti on co2 pistols lately.

Chaps, does the slide lock open on the last shot with this pistol??

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesnake View Post
    i just got my hands on one of thease last week and ill sum it up in one word "awsome fun" ok make that two words , ive had almost a thousand bbs thru mine in a week just cant put it down , its well built very very accurate even for a smooth bore bb shooter with blow back , its way more accurate than my beretta px4 , on a standard ten meter pistol comp target i can keep all 20 shots ( thats one mag full) inside the black center of target at a range of 8 yards , it gets about 50 full power shots and then slowly drops power , mines shooting five mags worth of bbs before running out of co2 even on a cold day it will shoot 80 shots on one co2 and still 40 to 50 of the 80 shots i would say are at full power as long as you dont rapid fire a full mag in one go . The trigger at first feels strange , not bad or nasty just strange then after a few shots you get used to it and its great , you can dump a full mag in under 2 seconds if you like , it seems to have plenty power at least as much as the dan wesson revolver , looks great feels great and they can be had for under 120 quid , the only minor complaint i could make about it is that it does not feild strip but as long as you stick to steel bbs the barrel wont need cleaning anyways , seriously i cant put the dam thing down its way to much fun . oh it has fixed sights and mine shot very low but its just a case of altering your aim then once you find the sweet spot it really is hellish accurate for a blow back bb pistol , if blow backs are ya thing then id say dont hesitate its definatly better than a umarex sa 177 or px4 and cheaper too and build qaulity is great for the price and finally it comes standard with a threaded barrel ready to take standard half inch male threaded silencers , asg are really upping the anti on co2 pistols lately.
    Its all metal apart from the grips I think I have read, do you have a weight measurement on it?

Another thing that interests me is the mechanism. My PX4 just lines the mag up with the valve and shoots, where as my Cybergun Sig actually strips a BB off the mag and chambers it with the blow back. I massively prefer the cybergun system - just makes it feel much more like a gun! Which is this more akin to?

yeah the slide locks back when the mag becomes empty , it uses a spring loaded mag with the 20 bbs stacked up on one another , its very similar to the umarex cp99 compact magazine and definatly nothing like the px4 rotary mag system , when the slide blows back it cocks the hammer , the action is double action only , the hammer can only be cocked by either pulling it back with your thumb or racking back the slide , pulling the trigger will not cause the hammer to cock back , the hammer is a real working hammer which hits the valve pin when it drops unlike umarex,s fake dummy hammers on there recent blowbacks . when the slide moves forward it does not strip a bb from the mag this is done by the trigger and why at first the trigger feels strange , the first stage of the trigger pull causes a rod or pin to push a bb from the mag and into the breach but honestly it only feels strange for the first couple of shots till you get used to it , the second stage of the trigger is crisp and sweet and predictable , i believe the reason they went for this method is because it allows them to use a weaker slide spring wich means less gas to push the slide wich would explain the 80 to 100 shots from a single co2 with almost all of the co2 being used to power the bb down the barrel , the kick of the slide feels good and strong right up until about 80 shots then it weakens off . yes its full metal except for the grips and front and rear sights there plastic but the plastic on the grips is a qaulity rubbery plastic and not cheapo plastic and they have the sti logo carved into them , also the mag is full metal , as for weight i dont have any scales but id say roughly same weight as the px4 , oh one last thing , it has no grip safety like a real 1911 it only has the thumb safety on the left side.

It sounds pretty good but the feed mechanism has put me off a bit, I dont like a pistol where the trigger feeds the pellet as an aborted shot means you double load, or like on the Umarex Deagle you index the mag and end up missing a shot.

I'll have to have a go of one I think.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    That would be Single Action Only, Double action is where the trigger lifts the hammer as well as releasing the shot
    The trigger pushes a probe through the mag, pushing a bb into the barrel, just like the CP99 Compact.
    If you don't fire at this point releasing the trigger will allow another bb to pop up in the mag & a second will load into the barrel when the trigger is pulled again. Cycling the trigger without the gun cocked can pump a full mag of bbs down the barrel - don't ask me how I know
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

The feeding mechanism is a slight put off but this gun seems to have so many pluses at a reasonable price so I just might have to look at one when I have more money. In my Sig if you double rack the slide it will load two BBs but the second one is pushed past the detent and roll down the barel and fall out if you tip it down. Anyone got a rough FPS figure for this? Even if its just off the box.

I have been going between this, the Dan Weston 6'', the CP99 Compact and the Umarex PPK/s - any opinions?

I have the Wesson 8" and the PPK/S classic, both excellent guns.

The PPK has a similar feed system to be honest, but it will cycle lead with out problems.