Thread: Simmons Whitetail Expedition 4-12x42 AO riflescope

Simmons Whitetail Expedition 4-12x42 AO riflescope

I just picked up a Simmons Whitetail Expedition 4-12x42 AO yesterday from Chelwood Gate, West Sussex. I won this in a auction for £77.50 second hand but in great condition. I was looking for a Simmons whitetail classic 3.5-10 x 50 but this scope is so much better.

It is parallax adjustable from 25-400 metres. The scope has seen virtually no use and is unmarked. I got it complete with mounts and a scopecoat cover. The lenses are in perfect condition. I would like to get couple of rubber flip up lens protectors for this scope and One Piece Air Rifle Scope Mount.

The Simmons Whitetail Expedition 4-12x42 AO is made in the Philippines and not one of the new ones that are now made in China. The scope is amazing and i am planning to use this mounted on a Weihrauch HW97KT Thumbhole.

With the introduction of the Aetec line a few years ago Simmons took a major step up in the riflescope world. The Aetec scopes were the first to offer an aspherical lens element. The curved surfaces of lens elements are usually segments of a sphere. This is because spherical shapes are much easier to mass-produce than other shapes. Advanced technology has made it more practical to produce aspherical shapes, curves that are not segments of a sphere. These have advantages in minimizing some of the aberrations common in all lens systems. These are the second generation of Simmons scopes to incorporate aspherical elements, and they provide exceptionally clear, distortion free views that are sharp from center to edge. Simmons advertises a 30% greater field of view than average scopes of similar magnification and objective lens size. In addition, all Whitetail Expedition scopes are fully multi-coated for excellent flare suppression. The finger adjustable (no coin required) windage and elevation adjustments "click" in 1/4 MOA increments. The scope has a Trueplex reticle (a copy of the excellent Leupold Duplex) and is designed to be shockproof, fogproof, and waterproof. The scope is finished with a tasteful matte black finish. The scope is 13.2" long and weighs 17.5 ounces. It is brighter than the average 3-9x variable without the bulk of the models with 50mm objectives. The 100 yard field of view is 40' at 3x and 13.5' at 9x. The eye relief is 3".

This is my first post but i hope someone finds this information useful.

welcome to the bbs ,
    i have a couple of whitetail expeditions , they were Simmon's top of the line ,a notch or so above the Whitetails and Aetecs and imo pretty close to leupold for build quality / optics
    regards
    Steve
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have"

More of the same here
    http://www.chuckhawks.com/simmons_WE_scopes.htm
    It is useful because once scopes are discontinued they lose their profile and in this case it looks to be quality scope that could be over-looked on the secondhand market.
    Last edited by Shedder; 05-03-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Alan 972

I will be looking out for them cheers

I love this scope and will never sell it. Great optic's if you can pick one up second hand.

Very nice scopes , i have the same one.i started on the WTC but then moved over to these and imo they are far superior , mine is on my rimmie. However i have recenltly bought a couple of Burris signature selects and i think these are better still and have a great reticle espically for .22rf, but i will keep hold of the Simmons , too good to let go

cheers
    craig