Thread: Heresy

Heresy

I may be about to commit the most heinous act of heresy that is possible within the black powder section but i like to live life on the edge.

I'm current awaiting for my cert to arrive back from the FEO with a 1 for 1 variation for a black powder revolver and was wondering while i like the "standard" BP guns, and by that i mean of the period. does any one make a more, hmmm how shall we put it....... more modern offering? i thinking along the lines of ergonomic synthetic grips etc, or do i go for somthing like the ROA?

Cheers

Simon
    If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have been bottle feed

HIya

ROA with Hogue grips will do you nicely ......

Roy

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
    HIya

ROA with Hogue grips will do you nicely ......

Roy
    And any further concessions to modernity will get you stoned as a heretic.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP IT! All right, no one is to stone _anyone_ until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah. "

Thanks for the replies, i will hang my head in shame and wait till i can grow a handlebar moustache, though the houge idea may just do the ticket, don't know the part number by any chance?

Simon
    If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have been bottle feed

phone rimfire magic and ask them as that's where i found mine.

Quote Originally Posted by s.stimson View Post
    STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP IT! All right, no one is to stone _anyone_ until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah. "

Thanks for the replies, i will hang my head in shame and wait till i can grow a handlebar moustache, though the houge idea may just do the ticket, don't know the part number by any chance?

Simon
    Hi Simon

Cant remember the part number - think it was called a Hogue Monogrip - its one piece split at the front & 'wraps' around the ruger frame

Suits my ...cough ....larger hands perfectly.

I can always put the wood one back on when I want to impress a certain 'Southern Gentleman' !!

Try Roger @ Rimfire Magic and/or Pete Starley @ Blackpowder.co.uk - both should hold them in stock

Now ....... for that scope rail

Roy

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Me, Guilty

My ROA has rubber grips. Mnhhhhh, RUBBER
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Rubber grips are actually period.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by s.stimson View Post
    STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP IT! All right, no one is to stone _anyone_ until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah!"

Simon
    I like the line where Brian says, "You're ALL, DIFFERENT!" And after a pause, you hear a small voice from the back: "I'm not."

Jim