Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20m LSR - too good to be true?

20m LSR - too good to be true?

Guys,

I've been shooting in the NSRA 20m LSR postal competitions for a few seasons now and have noticed that a member in an opposing team scores 200 ex 200 almost every round.

Whilst I'm prepared to admit that there are better shooters out there than me, is it possible that he's really that good?

Cheers,

Mark.

WOW!!! 200 lol.
    I shoot LSR 20yds too, I am doing a few postal comps at present, I hope I am not against this guy lol.
    Which comp is it, I would like to watch this guy and see if he will give some pointers
    ATB
    Mick
    HW100KT .177cal, FWB300s .177cal,Steve Pope lazaglide tuned resetable safety
    HW97K .22cal, Brocock contour .177cal.
    FAC Valmet lion .22RF Target Rifle.

There are some VERY competent shooters doing LSR, and I wouldn't be surprised to be seing Max scores going in, even on the PL14 targets.

I used to shoot it and only ever managed one 100 on PL14's but had a few on PL15

Alan

He's not in Hampshire is he?

There are a few wheelchair bound LSR shooters who are allowed a rest, one of which shoots in and for hampshire. This means they are really shooting benchrest and not LSR.

Now I'm all for equal shooting and applaud anyone with a disability taking part in sport. But it should be on equal levels for everyone.

I understand one county has complained to the NSRA about it but are awaiting a response. Its going to be a nightmare to sort out without upsetting someone.

Sounds a bit like entering a 100mtr sprint on a motorbike lol

Under the NSRA disability scheme as long as a person has an exemption certificate from the NSRA they can compete in any of the NSRA competitions.

see the link on the website.http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?opti...=91&Itemid=192

Alan

And its this exemption that says wheelchair users can use a rest (or at least these indivisuals can).

But it should allow them to compete on an equal footing, not give them an advantage.

In this case the continous maximum scores proves its giving an advantage.

Like I said, its going to be a nightmare sorting this out. Talk of people boycotting competitions they can't possibly win if it continues.

Or we all get rests

It seems stupid that because someone is disabled they can enter anything, if someone can't stand, fine let them shoot Benchrest, they are still taking part in shooting. If something happened to me physically making it so I could not compete standing, I would be happy to learn a disapline that I could still shoot but, if I was being given an unfair advantage, I personally would see that as condasending. If you cant stand and shoot, how can you take part in a free standing competition, Im sorry but sounds stupid and if we are getting beat in this way I feel its not worth taking part unless you are physically disadvantaged.
    Political correctness gone mad again I fear.
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    And its this exemption that says wheelchair users can use a rest (or at least these indivisuals can).

But it should allow them to compete on an equal footing, not give them an advantage.

In this case the continous maximum scores proves its giving an advantage.

Like I said, its going to be a nightmare sorting this out. Talk of people boycotting competitions they can't possibly win if it continues.

Or we all get rests
    LOL, We could call it benchrest then LOL

It seems there are a few who are very good at LSR. In the winter individuals I managed 846 ex 900 in B class but the winners and second place of A class scored 895 and 892 respectively. I can't ever imagine a time when I would be furious with a 290 ex 300.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It seems there are a few who are very good at LSR. In the winter individuals I managed 846 ex 900 in B class but the winners and second place of A class scored 895 and 892 respectively. I can't ever imagine a time when I would be furious with a 290 ex 300.
    Even at my best (about 2 years ago) I was doing 285x300. I aim for >270 these days. Just don't get enough practice. Our club best at his best had a intercounty average of about 98.something and was 7th in the country (of those who shot the inter county comp).

We should have a BBS LSR league going like the Pistol chaps do. Shoot three cards a month and get them scored by club mate then email the scores.

Seems several of us do it.

Oh, and if you want an open comp then the Surrey Open is July 9th this year

An on-line league sounds a good idea. Scored by a team mate, or we could have the cards scanned and emailed or hosted on Photobucket or similar for independent scrutiny. We've got six club members who are in our two NSRA teams and another handful who shoot and aren't NSRA members.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I'll have a think.

Happy to host it and collate scores.

I think team mate scored and keep the cards for a month in case anyone queries my 102x100 will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmick View Post
    WOW!!! 200 lol.
    I shoot LSR 20yds too, I am doing a few postal comps at present, I hope I am not against this guy lol.
    Which comp is it, I would like to watch this guy and see if he will give some pointers
    ATB
    Mick
    NSRA, 20m LSR, using PL14s.