Thread: 20m LSR - too good to be true?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

20m LSR - too good to be true?

Guys,

I've been shooting in the NSRA 20m LSR postal competitions for a few seasons now and have noticed that a member in an opposing team scores 200 ex 200 almost every round.

Whilst I'm prepared to admit that there are better shooters out there than me, is it possible that he's really that good?

Cheers,

Mark.

WOW!!! 200 lol.
    I shoot LSR 20yds too, I am doing a few postal comps at present, I hope I am not against this guy lol.
    Which comp is it, I would like to watch this guy and see if he will give some pointers
    ATB
    Mick
    HW100KT .177cal, FWB300s .177cal,Steve Pope lazaglide tuned resetable safety
    HW97K .22cal, Brocock contour .177cal.
    FAC Valmet lion .22RF Target Rifle.

There are some VERY competent shooters doing LSR, and I wouldn't be surprised to be seing Max scores going in, even on the PL14 targets.

I used to shoot it and only ever managed one 100 on PL14's but had a few on PL15

Alan

He's not in Hampshire is he?

There are a few wheelchair bound LSR shooters who are allowed a rest, one of which shoots in and for hampshire. This means they are really shooting benchrest and not LSR.

Now I'm all for equal shooting and applaud anyone with a disability taking part in sport. But it should be on equal levels for everyone.

I understand one county has complained to the NSRA about it but are awaiting a response. Its going to be a nightmare to sort out without upsetting someone.

Sounds a bit like entering a 100mtr sprint on a motorbike lol

Under the NSRA disability scheme as long as a person has an exemption certificate from the NSRA they can compete in any of the NSRA competitions.

see the link on the website.http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?opti...=91&Itemid=192

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    He's not in Hampshire is he?

There are a few wheelchair bound LSR shooters who are allowed a rest, one of which shoots in and for hampshire. This means they are really shooting benchrest and not LSR.

Now I'm all for equal shooting and applaud anyone with a disability taking part in sport. But it should be on equal levels for everyone.

I understand one county has complained to the NSRA about it but are awaiting a response. Its going to be a nightmare to sort out without upsetting someone.
    He certainly is.

We'd come to the conclusion that this guy was a disabled shooter, but couldn't quite believe that it was allowed.

To be honest, I thought that more people would of complained.

Cheers,

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    He certainly is.

We'd come to the conclusion that this guy was a disabled shooter, but couldn't quite believe that it was allowed.

To be honest, I thought that more people would of complained.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Raise it with your club secretary, your LSR captain and your LSR county captain and get them all to write to the NSRA. The only way its going to be made fair is for people to complain. It ruins the comp for everyone, including in my opinion the disabled shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by 20series View Post
    There are some VERY competent shooters doing LSR, and I wouldn't be surprised to be seing Max scores going in, even on the PL14 targets.

I used to shoot it and only ever managed one 100 on PL14's but had a few on PL15

Alan
    I can believe that it's possible to get a maximum score, I've got a few 98s myself, which I'm pleased with since I've not been shooting for that long. I just can't believe that someone can do it week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    I can believe that it's possible to get a maximum score, I've got a few 98s myself, which I'm pleased with since I've not been shooting for that long. I just can't believe that someone can do it week after week.
    At out club only two or three people have done it. A couple once and one chap 34 times!!! But he was ranked 7th in the country. And he doesn't use a rest.

My best is a couple of 99s, but not for a while

I bought this up last night at my club, everyone agreed with me that it was rediculous, however there is always one, this particular chap runs an LSR its a postal Worc's and he had a right go saying we are all being stupid as it is not that cut and dry, apparently he said that the rest is actually a spring that is very hard to shoot off, personally I think and I voiced that it is still sitting and the rifle is still rested that equals benchrest and why dont they enter a benchrest comp. I would like to say that I am all for everyone being involved and enjoying as many activities as they can but, I strongly believe we have to be realistic and be honest to yourself.
    As for a BBS LSR sounds fantastic.
    ATB
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmick View Post
    WOW!!! 200 lol.
    I shoot LSR 20yds too, I am doing a few postal comps at present, I hope I am not against this guy lol.
    Which comp is it, I would like to watch this guy and see if he will give some pointers
    ATB
    Mick
    NSRA, 20m LSR, using PL14s.