Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20m LSR - too good to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    He's not in Hampshire is he?

There are a few wheelchair bound LSR shooters who are allowed a rest, one of which shoots in and for hampshire. This means they are really shooting benchrest and not LSR.

Now I'm all for equal shooting and applaud anyone with a disability taking part in sport. But it should be on equal levels for everyone.

I understand one county has complained to the NSRA about it but are awaiting a response. Its going to be a nightmare to sort out without upsetting someone.
    He certainly is.

We'd come to the conclusion that this guy was a disabled shooter, but couldn't quite believe that it was allowed.

To be honest, I thought that more people would of complained.

Cheers,

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by 20series View Post
    There are some VERY competent shooters doing LSR, and I wouldn't be surprised to be seing Max scores going in, even on the PL14 targets.

I used to shoot it and only ever managed one 100 on PL14's but had a few on PL15

Alan
    I can believe that it's possible to get a maximum score, I've got a few 98s myself, which I'm pleased with since I've not been shooting for that long. I just can't believe that someone can do it week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    He certainly is.

We'd come to the conclusion that this guy was a disabled shooter, but couldn't quite believe that it was allowed.

To be honest, I thought that more people would of complained.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Raise it with your club secretary, your LSR captain and your LSR county captain and get them all to write to the NSRA. The only way its going to be made fair is for people to complain. It ruins the comp for everyone, including in my opinion the disabled shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    I can believe that it's possible to get a maximum score, I've got a few 98s myself, which I'm pleased with since I've not been shooting for that long. I just can't believe that someone can do it week after week.
    At out club only two or three people have done it. A couple once and one chap 34 times!!! But he was ranked 7th in the country. And he doesn't use a rest.

My best is a couple of 99s, but not for a while

I bought this up last night at my club, everyone agreed with me that it was rediculous, however there is always one, this particular chap runs an LSR its a postal Worc's and he had a right go saying we are all being stupid as it is not that cut and dry, apparently he said that the rest is actually a spring that is very hard to shoot off, personally I think and I voiced that it is still sitting and the rifle is still rested that equals benchrest and why dont they enter a benchrest comp. I would like to say that I am all for everyone being involved and enjoying as many activities as they can but, I strongly believe we have to be realistic and be honest to yourself.
    As for a BBS LSR sounds fantastic.
    ATB
    Mick
    HW100KT .177cal, FWB300s .177cal,Steve Pope lazaglide tuned resetable safety
    HW97K .22cal, Brocock contour .177cal.
    FAC Valmet lion .22RF Target Rifle.

So, what rules shall we agree upon? Three cards, are these 10 shot cards or 5's ? Is everyone to use air and not 22lr as it's an airgun forum? Calibre, can we shoot 177 and if so who is doing the gauging?

My personal preference, ten shots per card, calibre 177 or 22 and must be sub 12 fpe air. Cards marked by a nominated club member (could be several nominees) and cards to be kept for a period in the event of scrutiny. 102 ex 100 not allowed !!

Are we thinking of having stickers on the cards? I think it's a lot easier to get a high score if there is no sticker. Stickers seem to have an anti-gravitational force field built in that throws the shot off line...

Otherwise adopt the NSRA rules, regarding target height and distance, gun weight, trigger pull weight etc.

What would be a quite interesting parallel comp would be to use FT rifles, so that the FT brigade could practise their standers. It would help me I'm sure, as I know I'm better at standing shots with my LSR kit than with the FT rig.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What would be a quite interesting parallel comp would be to use FT rifles, so that the FT brigade could practise their standers. It would help me I'm sure, as I know I'm better at standing shots with my LSR kit than with the FT rig.
    Enter twice. Rich LSR & Rich FT.

Not sure about the air only, I think it should be full LSR rules. So PL14 at 20yards or SPA1 (is that now a PL19) at 25 yards. Each round is x300 so either 3x10 shots or 6x5 on PL14 centres. If shot with a .177 then use a .22 gauge.

I think it can be marked by any club member, how do we know X was at the club that night. And no stickers, but cards should be nominated BEFORE they are shot. Its a matter of trust that you do that and only cheating yourself.

Should we start with a 5 month summer comp starting May 1st?

If we get lots of entries then we can be split into leagues or 5 or 6 based on current average.

Sounds good to me.

OK, noisy bang sticks allowed.....

I don't mind entering twice, I just felt that it would be fun to encourage the FT brigade - and I am one of them - to give this discipline a try. Of course most FT rigs are more than 4500g and almost every FT trigger is nearer 50g than 500g.....

At our club we would use PL14/06 cards, the 17cm ones that we use for NSRA. 20 yards. Three ten shot cards is fine.

No stickers but card to be nominated in advance. How about sign the card in felt tip over the bull area then the signature will be punctured. Signing after shooting would look different, no bright edges.

OK, noisy bang sticks allowed.....

I don't mind entering twice, I just felt that it would be fun to encourage the FT brigade - and I am one of them - to give this discipline a try. Of course most FT rigs are more than 4500g and almost every FT trigger is nearer 50g than 500g.....

At our club we would use PL14/06 cards, the 17cm ones that we use for NSRA. 20 yards. Three ten shot cards is fine.

No stickers but card to be nominated in advance. How about sign the card in felt tip over the bull area then the signature will be punctured. Signing after shooting would look different, no bright edges.
    I might have to sign the 8 ring

Does it work with a normal pen? I'll try it tomorrow as PITA to have a felt tip at club (not enough female members ).

I'll put up a thread later and think about website. Could put it as a page off the BBSNRPC.co.uk site rather than its own domain. Unless it takes off.

Ten shots on an LSR card can be a real problem to score if the shooter is any good.
    You finish up with a big hole in the middle and difficulty in sorting out the 9's from the 10's.
    Most LSR comps now stipulate 5 shots per card if the contestants entry average merits it to make the scorer's life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by norm View Post
    Ten shots on an LSR card can be a real problem to score if the shooter is any good.
    You finish up with a big hole in the middle and difficulty in sorting out the 9's from the 10's.
    Most LSR comps now stipulate 5 shots per card if the contestants entry average merits it to make the scorer's life easier.
    Hence...

Each round is x300 so either 3x10 shots or 6x5 on PL14 centres.
    Choice is yours

I've gone back and looked at some scans of past targets and i have to agree with Norm. Even with 5 holes, sometimes it's a tight call whether it breaks the line or not. We usually give ourselves a provisional score then wait to see what comes back from NSRA; four times last season they scored my card higher than I had done.

Would it be acceptable to all to leave it a bit flexible, I'm thinking that we have a few members who would like to have a go at this but they will be averaging something in the high 70's to mid 80's I would guess, with card between adjacent holes. If after 5 holes it's looking cluttered or shot to pieces then put the next 5 on another card.

Also if you're shooting wadcutter pellets you can get a reasonably clean hole.

Would it be acceptable to all to leave it a bit flexible
    Keep it flexible, keep it simple, keep it fun

Last thing we want to do is duplicate the NSRA

I would be very interested in having a go at this, this is something I'm trying to introduce at my club, If this is to go ahead count me in!!

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

I'll have a go.