Thread: Boink at MVAC's Hen Wood.... 28th August

Boink at MVAC's Hen Wood.... 28th August

Boink at MVAC's Hen Wood.... 28th August

MVAC's Hen Wood will be the venue and date for a springer only FT/HFT comp run strictly to the rules I make up between now and then. Meon Valley's Hen Woods range is simply one of the best grounds in the south, with a whole 15 acres to play with.

For those that don't know where Hen Woods is in the world, think 20 mins outside Winchester off the M3. It will probably be equivalent to a drive to Bisley for those north of the M4. I will stick the exact location up later, but MVAC's indoor range is on the forum airgun club map to give you an idea.

Details will be fleshed out once we have the date confirmed 100%, but expect a deviation away from BFTA and UKAHFT but that still allows the essence of each discipline, but allows shooting along side each other on the same course, at the same time, all using bouncing things.

Expect food and somewhere to take a leak.
    Expect 15mm's to worry the FT'ers
    Expect 55yd'ers to worry the HFT'ers
    Expect targets up trees and no supported positionals to worry everyone
    Expect a course built for fun, not to devastate shooters, and not like crazy golf either
    Expect no stuff in front of targets, or targets under 10 yds.

The wish list is that we get a really good number coming, and that it's a nice day shooting springers and having a laugh. There's a few other things on my wish list, which once I have an idea of numbers I can try and get sorted as well. Things like a side shoot or two. Things like a raffle with a top prize. Things like running this each year if it's a success. We'll see.

So if you fancy a shoot, with something different for a change, and are more fussed about the fun to be had rather than the exact rules you may be following, this is for you.

Before someone asks, there will be two main classes, FT and HFT, and the definition of a springer in my book is something that recoils.

Yeh, i know it's bank holiday, but it will be summer, the traffic will be lighter than a normal sunday, you'll have a day to recover

Stick your name down if you're interested, and I can start working on the boring stuff, which will make the fun stuff easier to sort

Mmmmm!...Sounds Delicious....
    We have an open shoot on that day, might see if we can alter things a bit?...

Fancy this to be honest, will jot my name down as a certainly possibly..

Mike Byford
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Cool

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Me and my old man might amble down, if you don't mind us shooting the course standing in a strictly not very competitive fashion; not sure I can face all that lying down on the ground (or rather the getting up again) ;-)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Good stuff.. It's meant to be a good bit of spring fun, late in summer

Here's the venue
    , with postcodes etc on as well.

Hot food now confirmed

A lot of shooters run scared of anything that recoils!!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    A lot of shooters run scared of anything that recoils!!

XX

flyer here

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/f...7&d=1304950698

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Put me down for a Boink please Rob

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "