Thread: 10M Target pistol power

10M Target pistol power

Hi guys, looking for some help please.

In a few weeks I am going to have some cash available for me to get myself a new pistol. I shoot pistol HFT at my club and at the moment I am using a Rohm Twinmaster Sport. I get on with it just fine apart from the trigger... Anyway, thinking of an upgrade and will have about £1k to spend. (new or secondhand)

I have been looking about and quite like the look of something like the Walther LP300XT or Morini 162 etc....

Now, I only shoot open sight, so no problem there, not looking for anything compact, so again no problem... The only thing that concerns me is the power of these pistols, now I know it not all about power but shooting silhouette targets out to 25 yards you need a bit... My Twinmaster I changed the power from 3 to 5ft/lb and it made a world of difference, well it did to me....

Does anyone know what sort of power these type of 10M target pistols put out and if they can "easily" be changed to give out 5ft/lb+...?

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Hi Dave,

My Steyr LP10E is set to around 520 fps on 7gn pellets. This gives about 4.2 ft-lbs.

I can trip the nockover silhouette racks at 18 yards with it, but sometimes you do need to hit towards the top half of the target.

You can increase some of these Target pistols a little, but is does effect the shooting cycle and you will probably loose some accuracy. The Steyr has a sliding weight system that is balanced to a particular optimum velocity.

I've noticed that my FWB 100 SSP has more flip once you increase the velocity. But it does not have some of the features that some of the more modern pistols have.

I suspect you will gain more from the improved trigger than the velocity increase.

HTH

Mark

I have both the Steyr LP2 and LP50 both of these will go to over 4ftlbs especially the LP2. I use the LP50 (5 shot semi auto with a very light trigger)
    for 20m bench rest and HFT the LP2 for 10m target only.