Thread: Hammerli AR20 10 Meter target rifle.

Hammerli AR20 10 Meter target rifle.

Has anyone any knowledge, experience or comments on the Hammeri AR20 10 target rifle as a starter gun? Thanks in anticipation.
    http://www.haemmerli-ar20.de/en/information.html

I thought the AR20 was designed for FT, this would be a sub 12lb, 10mtr is done with 6lb, please correct me if Im wrong.
    It does look a great bit of kit though, and I did chat to a chap who was at Harriers FT a while back who was shooting one and he loved it, the only thing he was not over struck on was plasticy looks and feel, it seemed to shoot ok though
    Mick
    HW100KT .177cal, FWB300s .177cal,Steve Pope lazaglide tuned resetable safety
    HW97K .22cal, Brocock contour .177cal.
    FAC Valmet lion .22RF Target Rifle.

Accuracy & shot to shot consistency is as good as any other 10mtr rifle. You obviously don't get the whistles & bells that go with the more expensive rifles but when your paying a third of the price you don't expect them.

There are 8 rifles in my area all going well..What I will say is Beware! only one person is bringing the genuine 10mtr rifles into the UK as far as I'm aware at the moment (& he's out of stock.....about 16 weeks delivery I think) There are lots of unsold AR20FT rifles in stock with importers saying they can convert them for 10mtr.........they can't...trust me! The barrel shroud on the FT is too short, you need the longer shroud to get a decent distance between the sights. There are other differences!

The 10mtr rifle comes in red, blue or silver is delivered with a shorter 300bar cylinder (longer cylinders are optional at extra cost). Hammerli rear sight & Walther forsight allen keys, spacers & adapter are supplied with the rifle. Trigger is the same as the FT but is good enough.

Hope this helps?
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!