Thread: Bsf S20 help please.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Bsf S20 help please.

My Bsf S20 broke jt,s barrel plunger/detent and Chambers and Nibbs dont have any in. I have sent it to Red Bob for welding but it has not arrived yet and I fear the post office may have lost it. So---has anybody got one or do they know if it is the same part no as one of the smaller rifles? Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

not sure where its gone but hasnt turned up yet;most likely monday[fingers crossed.]
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Bloody Buggery Bsf.
    Well it has been stripped and is now back together. It went a bit better than expected. I managed to file the pin that hold holds the cocking arm in and get it out pretty easily. I did however drop the pin when I tried to peen it over when I refitted it and spent 15 minutes looking for it. The other pins were not too bad either. I didn't launch the sear spring,trigger spring or barrel plunger springs. The piston came out ok but there were 2 panel pins in the piston washer . The washer looked good enough to reuse as the edges were not damaged. The cocking arm was slightly bent and I got that in the vice.
    Cleaned up and lubed and a slightly better spring I had knocking about was fitted as the old one was a bit bent and tired. Other than dropping that cocking pin, it was going well until I tried to get the sear in and get the pin through. I did not have a pin to use as a slave pin so it took a while trying to line it up and get the pin through. This was not helped by the fact you cannot fit the sear and then fit the sear spring after. Also while I was trying to get he pin in, the sneaky kraut thing managed to get a metal splinter from the trigger housing into my thumb.
    Anyhow..it is back together and just tried two shots before leaving it for the day.
    I was worried about doing this but I suppose it went ok.
    Any info about them appreciated.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Any info about them appreciated.
    The BSF S20 was made between 1950 and 1985, and after the company closed down in 1985 Weihrauch bought up machinery and parts and so presumably a few guns were assembled by them and sold for a while after, possibly up to 1988. It was the only air pistol ever made by BSF. The gun was available in at least three styles: the basic S20, the S20 Match Export and the S20 Custom Match, the main differences involving variation of the stock and sights. The guns were also sold under the distributor brand names Wischco and Burgo. Fuller details about the gun models, the company, serial numbers etc. can be found in the Encyclopedia of Spring Air Pistols

Not gospel

Just found this thread. Well it did turn up and they are a bugger to strip down, being really crude.
    As is often the way, another has come my way and I wonder if somebody could help put an age on it/them in general?
    Are there any pointers in regards to sights?
    The first one had the rearsight on a block and the sear was adjusted by a screw that went in at an angle.
    This one has a small metal ramp welded on the cylinder and the sliding thingy on the ramp has a tiny spring and ball to keep in tin place. I found a ball this morning as the sight was missing it.
    As usual, this is shooting high as the foresight is not high enough. Why was this with the Bsf/Slavia/Diana model 5

I may strip it later but with them being very crude and with peened pins, am not looking forward to it.

Lastly, what years were these pistols made from and to?
    Thank you.
    Guy, , this is probably worth 2c as it is not verified and based solely on my observation. if your example has an "OIL" hole on the RHS of the receiver it is an earlier variant. If it is without the stamped BSF logo it is likely a very early version.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 26-10-2013 at 10:07 PM.

bsf s20

i have a s20 and from what i have in my books the s20 was introduced some time after 1930 and the target modle was the mid 1950's .atb mark

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    These dates are well out, as the BSF company (Bayerische Sportswaffen Fabriken) was not established until about 1935, and they did not get into airgun manufacture until well after the War, about 1950. Examination of numerous catalogues confirm that no BSF airguns were available before 1950.

They're Beautiful

To save trying to multiquote It has "OEL" on the right hand side, "BSF" on the top of the cylinder just in front of the rear sight And "made in germany west" on the left hand side.
    They always look like a Heath Robinson design to me. They have a 30's look about them. A very crudely made gun that I would not volunteer to work on quickly ( a bit like a Scorpion trigger).
    Anyhow, with this being a bit rough and not of any real value, I think it had probably found it's spiritual home
    Yeah, they're not much cop, just a notch above a webley
    The other observation is the early variant has a slimmer trigger blade and the stock machinescrews are flat topped and sit flush whereas the more recent ones are raised, fillister/pan style.

early http://images.gunstar.co.uk/Gun-Imag...20-A158176.jpg

later http://picturearchive.gunauction.com...677108cbe3.jpg
    Last edited by slow_runner; 27-10-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Yeah, they're not much cop, just a notch above a webley
    The other observation is the early variant has a slimmer trigger blade and the stock machinescrews are flat topped and sit flush whereas the more recent ones are raised, fillister/pan style.

early http://images.gunstar.co.uk/Gun-Imag...20-A158176.jpg

later http://picturearchive.gunauction.com...677108cbe3.jpg
    Well it has the slightly pan head screws on it, but definitely below the level of the wood. The interesting thing (to me) is the "made in germany west" on the Lhs of the cylinder. not checked the serial number and this bugger is not coming apart either fully or just to take the barrel out. It is a swine without slave pegs.
    Last edited by ggggr; 27-10-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Smile Serial number location

Not saying you should but if you're inclined too .
    Just removing the stock should fully reveal the set of matching (or not) serial numbers. At the breech (as in BSA Meteor) and receiver. The one located at the breech should be easily viewed from below. I have found them in the same location on the rifles as well.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 27-10-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Not saying you should but if you're inclined too .
    Just removing the stock should fully reveal the set of matching (or not) serial numbers. At the breech (as in BSA Meteor) and receiver. The one located at the breech should be easily viewed from below. I have found them in the same location on the rifles as well.
    You are right---I didn't put the light on to get a close look before. It is on the underside of the breech block and I can see part of the number on the underside of the cylinder.