I am very impressed with the Sightron SIII. I have always liked my Bushnell 4200's and was told by a respected member on here that the SIII is much better so I made the purchase. I was not disappointed. Sharpness and resolution is superb so is brightness. It works well as the light fades too but will be restricted by the fine reticle visibility. If it had an IR dot this would be an improvement. In fact the new tactical SIII models have this function IIRC.
The only small negative I have about the image quality is the colour fringing in certain lights, it is more noticable on sharp edging in brigh light but it doesn't bother me as sharpness and clarity are way more important.
I was shooting rabbits at 400 yds and I could see all of the detail and even whiskers on it against the perfect snow background.
The turrets are positive and repeatable, tracking very nicely back to zero. I always dial my shots so don't need ballistic aim points on my reticle - hence why I like the non-intrusive simplicity of this one. I have dialled in and shot a on plenty of occassions out to 800yds and always comes back onto zero. The same applies for the windage turret - positive and tracks perfectly.
The reticle is the LRTD and is extremely fine. I use mine for daytime varminting on the 6.5mm and it works lovely. The fine ret and dot never obscures the quarry allowing for accurate centralisation on small targets and rabbits when slipping the trigger.
The parallax is smooth and snaps nicely into focus. Turret caps are alan key adjustable allowing infinite positioning of the turret for perfect allignment with the reading line.
IExcellent VFM scope IMO. I'd certainly have another one. Perhaps a tactical style one next time.