Thread: Sightron SIII 8-32x56 LRTD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strud34 View Post
    hi i just got a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 . It quite good but i was expecting better i would say my leupold is better just

Starting to think, could i have a dud ? its still very good but most people are saying its better than what i have seen.
    SIIISS 8-32x56 LRMOA is the one i have and i have a 8 year old leupold 6-20x50 vermint vxiii and as far as the glass i would say they are the same may be the leupold better just. The resolution on the leupold is very good ones agane about the same as the sightron, and at 20x mag the sightron in no briter than the leupold .the image soon dulls of on the sightron over 20x mag also the parolax nob on the sightron is stiff .
    I still like the sightron scope but people are saying its a lot better than a leupold but not here . Could i have a realy good leupold ? or a poor sightron?
    Well maybe your leupold is good, but really they can't be compared as L don't make a 8-32....a 6-20 is a different beast - it's not even 4x mag range....So it's an unfair comparison really. I also think that sometime I freak myself out comparing my new scope to my old scope side by side. Just shoot the new one for a few weeks in the field and then you'll get a proper feel for it.
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

Quote Originally Posted by richness View Post
    Well maybe your leupold is good, but really they can't be compared as L don't make a 8-32....a 6-20 is a different beast - it's not even 4x mag range....So it's an unfair comparison really. I also think that sometime I freak myself out comparing my new scope to my old scope side by side. Just shoot the new one for a few weeks in the field and then you'll get a proper feel for it.
    yes you are right i will give it time as i have not long had it i could be just to quick to judge . I did always test with them on the same mag . I do think I do have a very good leupold not seen thro a better one. It's just when i see on here some one say "you are stepping a million miles up from 4200/6500, Nikon monarch, Leupold etc for very very reasonable money." but this at the moment is not quite true for me but like you say start using it it may blow me away with how good it is.
    I have looked thro scopes before that look good but then on the range they star to not look so good
    A fiend had a hawke fronter 6-24x50 (budget scope i know )and thet looked about as good as my leupold just a quick look thro the window but on the range the leupold was miles better.
    I will juge with more time
    Last edited by strud34; 29-02-2012 at 08:23 PM.