Thread: Replacing the CO2 seal in Gamo R-77

Replacing the CO2 seal in Gamo R-77

Anyone done one of these?

Its one that I bought a short time ago- seemed to hold gas ok, but on looking at another one, noticed that the my one had a few dried crumbs of seal where the CO2 cart fits and that was it! Got a fresh seal, but I can't figure out if you need to pull the thing apart to replace the seal or, as I have read via a google search, perch the seal on top of a CO2 cap and just do the screw up

Any advice welcome from anyone who has done one before.

Cheers

I haven't done this but the exploded diagram doesn't indicate anything goes in after the seal, so the Googled suggestion might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
    I haven't done this but the exploded diagram doesn't indicate anything goes in after the seal, so the Googled suggestion might be right.
    Thanks, thats a better diagram than the one I had! The seal is wider than the housing it is meant to fit in to, but the very base of the housing widens out to what looks like the same diameter. If the only way to do this is to use a CO2 cap to force the seal (hopefully) into place, the seal will need to be quite flexible so it doesn't just fracture or tear as it is forced into a smaller gap. I have given the seal a strong dose of pellgun oil as it seemed a bit dry when I got it. Hmm...

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If you use an empty CO2 when fitting the seal then you'll get it fully home without the danger of getting gas behind it
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    If you use an empty CO2 when fitting the seal then you'll get it fully home without the danger of getting gas behind it
    ATB,
    Nick
    Sharp thinking, Nick! I think I have a few empties kicking about

Cheers

Zin

Having looked at mine I think pressing it in carefully with an empty CO2 cartridge is probably the way to go. I take it there is a recess big enough to accommodate the full size of the seal? If you lubricate everything well with something like pellgunoil it should ease the passage!

Thanks for all the advice guys, I reckon that is the way to redo the seal. Butterfingers has managed to drop the stuffin' thing into the guts of the pistol now Hey ho. Think I'll give it a couple of days, try and extract it, and start again. Numpty me

Just been given one of these and need a new seal.Big Q where do i get the seals ? cheers C
    nil satis nisi optimum

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Thank you kindly sir
    nil satis nisi optimum