Thread: Original 75 - Help

Question Original 75 - Help

I have recently purchased an Original 75 10m target rifle, does any one out there know

anything about servicing that they can pass on to me and are spare parts still available

such as springs, pistons and breech seals.

Help please!!

Funny you should ask.........I have one to do tomorrow! All parts are available.

You will find this inside http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0006copy.jpg

And some parts may look like this too http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/0005copy.jpg.

The 75 is not a rifle for the faint hearted to tackle & you WILL need a spring compressor of some kind.

Make your own tools for removing the cog & cylinder end caps, don't try to use grips. If the seals are like those in the image above the cylinder end cap could be unbelievably difficult to get moving.

Oh I for got to mention, there are 3 breech seal sizes, 2.5.....3.0.....3.5mm thickness if you put one in that's too thick the rifle won't fire because the breech won't shut ( & this won't be as obvious as you may think) so it can't release one of the safe mecanisms
    Last edited by wonky donky; 10-04-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: More information
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Hi Wonkey Donkey

You seem to be a mine of information on many things target related ( I looked back at

some of your old posts). You mention in one about posting detailed stripping and

servicing information,
    any chance you could do that for the 75 and also show

photos of the specialized tools you have made for removing certain parts

without causing damage.

Having seen what is involved from your photos I would not attempt this strip down

without some kind of help.

Thanks in anticipation

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've serviced the rifle this morning, replaced spring set, piston seals & breech seal, given it a bit of "spit & polish" & it's shooting 8.4 grain pellets at 628-631fps as smoothly as a goodun.

I did think about doing a detailed step by step strip but as you can see from some of my posts I'm not very good putting things into words others can understand

However I persevered & took digital images as best I could but even with my camera on a tripod & electronic remote I still run out of hands so some of the images are not in strict order of assembly & disassembly.

Now here is the rub there are 143 images so I can't put links to each image??????

Hello,is it possible to change the springs and seals without a total strip of the trigger mechanism .
    Mine needs doing as it only does 350fps with Rws R10's.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Hello,is it possible to change the springs and seals without a total strip of the trigger mechanism .
    Mine needs doing as it only does 350fps with Rws R10's.
    I've never tried but I very much doubt you can leave much in; you may need to clamp the rifle along the spot welded trigger housing to remove the rear cylinder cap so why risk damaging anything left in there?

Ok, thanks,needs more thought i think.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Hi Mike,

I've serviced the rifle this morning, replaced spring set, piston seals & breech seal, given it a bit of "spit & polish" & it's shooting 8.4 grain pellets at 628-631fps as smoothly as a goodun.

I did think about doing a detailed step by step strip but as you can see from some of my posts I'm not very good putting things into words others can understand

However I persevered & took digital images as best I could but even with my camera on a tripod & electronic remote I still run out of hands so some of the images are not in strict order of assembly & disassembly.

Now here is the rub there are 143 images so I can't put links to each image??????

Hi Wonkey Donkey

Thanks for taking the time on all the photo's, I understand the difficulties with so many

images.

I hope you will keep the images and I can contact you again if I go ahead myself with the

disassembly and service, I believe they would be a real help.

It really is the order in which to do things that I feel is so important and can make a

difficult job a little easier.

By the way where do you get parts for these old specialized target rifles?

Regards

Mike

Tw Chambers have the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Tw Chambers have the parts.
    Thanks for that

Mike