Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboy action S.Wales

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by somtec View Post
    Cant believe only Greenshoots is interested.

There cant be a better reason to own 2 revolvers, a lever action rifle, pump, lever or sxs shotgun.
    id be interested
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Cant believe only Greenshoots is interested.

There cant be a better reason to own 2 revolvers, a lever action rifle, pump, lever or sxs shotgun.
    Yes, good reason for 2 identical percussion revolvers, and an under-24 side by side!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    id be interested
    They all kick harder than springers, too, Sol!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yes, good reason for 2 identical percussion revolvers, and an under-24 side by side!

Jim
    I like your way of thinking Jim a nice sub 24" hammered coach gun would be just the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    id be interested
    Ok sol1821
    Where you located, what and where do you currently shoot.

If just starting out you can get by without the revolvers and shoot rifleman or just 1 revolver and shoot working cowboy.

Must warn anyone interested it can get addictive and you will be wanting more revolvers, rifles, shotguns, you can never haver enough guns.

Same goes for clothing, you can start with what you probably already have and just add bits and pieces.

Peter

For those interested check out the photos and videos on the BWSS site this US based cowboy club

http://www.bwss.co.uk/

http://www.pawneestation.com/push_photos.html

Peter

I like your way of thinking Jim a nice sub 24" hammered coach gun would be just the ticket.
    I still have mine: a Norinco 20 gauge hammered side by side, with 20" barrels.

My wife never could get used to it, though: or to my 12 gauge L.C. Smith, with 28 inch barrels. She liked shooting rifle and revolver (she used .32's), but just couldn't take the recoil of a shottie.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 16-04-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Hi Jim
    My missus has or had the same problem with the shotgun but now after 2 years she now copes shooting the stages with my norinco 1897 pump and is getting much better with it.
    By the end of 6 or7 stages its a bit of a struggle for her strength wise.
    We tried a 16g sxs but that kicked more than a 12g sxs so its the pump and light loads for her now.
    Peter

Yes, the pump actions are a better choice if you're trying to tone down the recoil.

Jim