Thread: What make of BB's are best

What make of BB's are best

Anyone got any preference on the humble BB?. I've tried the SMK Gold ones and they work well in my Makarov, being much better finished and more accurate than the Crosman Copperhead ones I've just bought.

I've read that Daisey Avanti are very good but I can't find them in the UK.

If it is a Baikal Makarov, I'd go for Gamo lead balls and they hardly ricochet too

I vote for SMK in Umarex Mak. Mr C.
    Love cheap ammo.

If I can I use Gamo Lead ball, they are larger though and some guns have trouble with them. They are fine in my PPK/S and Dan Wesson revolvers but my Cybergun Sig and Uzi do not like them.

BB's

Mines a Umarex Mak. I tried the Gamo BB's but found they were inconsistant in size and jammed on a couple of occasions.

The mech of the Umarex Mak works by pushing the BB through the hole at the top of the mag into the barrel when you pull the trigger or cock the hammer. I've found that the copperhead bb's are often poorly finished and as you pull the trigger you get a "gritty" feeling as the ball feeds. It also double feeds more often with the copperheads.

Both type showed equal velocity and consistancy over the chrono, averaging 345 to 365fps.

Group sizes with the SMK bb's were around a 1/3 to a 1/2 smaller at 14 ft in my gge range. So as Gingernut says its SMK for me.

I'd wished the Gamo lead bb's had been better because I find the steel bb's ricochet all over the place. May try the 4.4 H&N copper coated lead balls that Protek advertise. But they are 6.50 for 500 inc post compared to about £5 for 1500 SMK's

You need a large forest to shoot into Andrew.
    I can arrange this if you are passing