Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BARPC Easter Bunny Bash

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    UKAHFT Gathering 2008(7?).

Bloody awful weather. Worse than Quarry (and thats bad).
    I was at that one!
    Rivers running down my arm holes in my sleeves and out of my jacket!

My boys hands were so cold i had to remove his pellet from his pouch and load it, as his hands were numb!! ...Tell that to the kids today and they won't believe ya!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    I was at that one!
    Rivers running down my arm holes in my sleeves and out of my jacket!

My boys hands were so cold i had to remove his pellet from his pouch and load it, as his hands were numb!! ...Tell that to the kids today and they won't believe ya!

XX
    My s400's air stripper only has slots in the top - it filled up with water and I kept getting donuts when the pellets landed about 8 yards beyond the end of the barrel

Them were days
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Cannot believe it was worse than the 2009 SIHFT round at Swallows, thereafter known as The Monsoon Shoot.

2-3 inches of rain fell during the shoot; though the term "fell" suggests straight down. When combined with a steady 30mph wind, it was 'falling' at more like 60 degrees to the vertical.

Great fun

Hope we don't have another one of those this Sunday, or any other this season
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Cannot believe it was worse than the 2009 SIHFT round at Swallows, thereafter known as The Monsoon Shoot.

2-3 inches of rain fell during the shoot; though the term "fell" suggests straight down. When combined with a steady 30mph wind, it was 'falling' at more like 60 degrees to the vertical.

Great fun

It was the temperature that made the Gathering so miserable to shoot in, near sleet it was so cold.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Very excited, might even pack the BSA Scorpion pistol

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post

Richard
    Darn, if I'd known that I'd have got mine repaired for a head to head of the king of pistols

Well both courses finished although a little more work in the morning on the pistol. The woods are looking splendid with a carpet of bluebells out and a good sprinkling of primroses. Looks like we got the date right nature wise

Mehmets (Adam) doing the catering so you don't have to worry about me cremating food on the BBQ (this time)

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it there tomorrow. Have a safe trip folks.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Darn, if I'd known that I'd have got mine repaired for a head to head of the king of pistols

Well both courses finished although a little more work in the morning on the pistol. The woods are looking splendid with a carpet of bluebells out and a good sprinkling of primroses. Looks like we got the date right nature wise

Mehmets (Adam) doing the catering so you don't have to worry about me cremating food on the BBQ (this time)

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it there tomorrow. Have a safe trip folks.

Bob
    Bob-how about a postcode for new visitors to Popham Woods?
    See you tommorrow mate
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post

Richard
    Took my HW45 to work, hoping to get some pactice with it. Got there for 9, caught up on some admin, let the first punters in at 9:30, closed at 4, finally got the last of 'em out at 4:40, shut the shop and went home knackered having not had a single shot with anything.

Jonathan

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post

Great fun

Yep, it's like a Vietnam Veteran; If you weren't there you wouldn't know. "I've seen some things, man..... Like water in your pellet tray and water running out your barrel. Pellets drowning in flight. Ages a man."
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Bob-how about a postcode for new visitors to Popham Woods?
    See you tommorrow mate
    Hi Graham

Thought you knew the way, if you're not sure ask Kelly

Joking aside, for those who haven't been there before, sadly there's no postcode as there's no buildings there but the link below takes you to the start of the lay-by which you turn into. The mast in the google maps picture is inside the grounds. Just turn into the grounds off the lay-by and park up in the field.

Regards

Bob

Find us here

BARPC

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Took my HW45 to work, hoping to get some pactice with it. Got there for 9, caught up on some admin, let the first punters in at 9:30, closed at 4, finally got the last of 'em out at 4:40, shut the shop and went home knackered having not had a single shot with anything.

Jonathan
    Oh thats terrible Jonathan, you're so going to wish you'd had that practice

Bob

BARPC

Many thanks to Bob and his team at Basingstoke-a brilliant, thinkers course today Cheers to Spongey for the company and piss taking around the woods

Well done Clive Turner and Dave Godwin on showing us all the way....
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

What a great day!!

I won the Pistol HFT......Easy!

Got lumbered with a Hobbit...I travel all that way and still can't escape them....
    Actually, great shooting Graham, nice going round with you!!

Brilliant course, beat a lot of us up.....Clive Turner is not Human, surely this must make it official (i actually saw a usb port on the back of his head...not joking..)

Was Bob shooting....

Some very evil people in Basingstoke club..No mistake!

Children should be banned from Pistol HFT...infact all HFT!...just because..

As for Richard and his pistol with no sights, (he's not all there i swear...)

Thankyou for a great day, great food and fantastic weather!

Spongey!
    XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

How much fun was that?

That was a course to set the standard by, great fun, but at the same time so evil That Turner bloke, he is amazing

Never, ever again will I consume so much caffeine that it gives me the jitters before embarking on a course that requires rock like stability on every shot, when will I learn

That pistol shoot, what can I say

Thank you Basingstoke, a great day, just what the doctor ordered

Thank you Spongey for the lift and the "short" diversion via Bisley on the way home

Richard

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Thanks

Just a brief response, to second all that's been said above. about a great day out at a great venue with great hosts.

The last 'great' is the shame that the day was shared by relatively so few people. I know there were lots of distractions today, but I should like to put in a plea to shooters throughout the south east to provide support in numbers for future Popham events. They're totally memorable - for all the right reasons - and not to be missed. Keep your eye's peeled for the Summer Sizzler

Biggles (who wishes to apologise to the jay-walking bluebell on my first lane, which came between my pellet and a certain 2 points, to be uneccesarily vaporised )
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member