Thread: Get them out!

Get them out!

TAC guns who has them but does not shoot them.

Untill this week I have not fired mine in over four years. I always think the charging is going to take to long but it does not got six way charger when I only want a couple of dozen shots and a RAM charger for those 150-200 TAC blasts.

So dragged the Cobra from the back of the safe. This is one gun I have not really use before, secondhand purchase off here just before the ban. It came boxed, with Hunter holster and six TACS for £60.

Pics Here and here

What a blast it's loud, powerfull (for an airpistol) and as close to a centerfire revolver as an airgun could be. Now I have to find the rest of my TACS and my speedloaders
    Zastava Owners Club.

Just annoys me when I remember my Orion which was my best air pistol ever.
    Just didnt want the licence hassle.
    Remind me -did gang related shootings go down dramatically after the ban!

I so nearly bought an Orion 6 just before the ban.

I asked to have a look at an umarex 686 whilst browsing in a local gun shop and I wasn't overly impressed that the mag could clearly be seen to be different to the cylinder.

Out came an Orion 6 with the words - "you might like this then"

I look back on that day with a bit of regret thinking now I should have said "balls to the impending ban - I'll have it and apply for the FAC" and not "nah I don't fancy the hassle" which is what I did say

I missed out on a Lee Enfield TAC conversion because I got mixed up with the last day of sale and the day the band started

Still six revolvers and a Fox rifle......might be time to get the Colt 1851 out
    Zastava Owners Club.

Orion 6

I had one of the earlier Orions with the cut away cylinder, one of the best fun guns I ever had. Can't remember what happened to it now.

Was going to buy another one before the ban, bought 24 cartirges and a slim jim pump and they've just sat in the spares box.

Cartridges have never been fired, only one of the boxes has ever been opened !

Ahhh, the good old days! I had both (The full cylinder) Cobra and Orion.
    The Orion's build quality certainly looked like it was up to firearms quality, two superb guns, but not worth the hassle of going on ticket.....IMHO.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

The ban came after murders with a Mach 10!
    Converted Brococks had nothing to do with it as far as I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The ban came after murders with a Mach 10!
    Converted Brococks had nothing to do with it as far as I could see.
    Little 'Gangsta's' used to try and convert the very cheap Brocock (Can't remember the model) that held five cartridges and was mainly die-cast construction.

You can imagine the consequences of such action, and it would appear that said gangsta's ended up in gangsta heaven..So sad.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Just annoys me when I remember my Orion which was my best air pistol ever.
    Just didnt want the licence hassle.
    Remind me -did gang related shootings go down dramatically after the ban!
    Probably not.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post

Untill this week I have not fired mine in over four years. I always think the charging is going to take to long but it does not got six way charger when I only want a couple of dozen shots and a RAM charger for those 150-200 TAC blasts.

So dragged the Cobra from the back of the safe. This is one gun I have not really use before, secondhand purchase off here just before the ban. It came boxed, with Hunter holster and six TACS for £60.

Pics Here and here

What a blast it's loud, powerfull (for an airpistol) and as close to a centerfire revolver as an airgun could be. Now I have to find the rest of my TACS and my speedloaders
    Beautiful revolvers! As is your home.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Little 'Gangsta's' used to try and convert the very cheap Brocock (Can't remember the model) that held five cartridges and was mainly die-cast construction.

You can imagine the consequences of such action, and it would appear that said gangsta's ended up in gangsta heaven..So sad.
    I can think of 2 local incidents with them.

One in the old Hulme bull ring where said Brocock magnum backfired sending most of the action and the top strap backwards into the firers face (so sad, boo hoo).

The other was in an Army Surplus shop in the city centre, "coolio" walks into the shop, asks to see a bullet proof vest, puts it on and then pulls out his brocock and started shooting the place up before running off. I think he injured the owner quite badly.

These were both well before the ban though.

I used to have a Cobra and a Predator, loved them, fantastic fun to shoot, especially the predator.

i have 3 brococks and i use to use the me38 quite often and surprisingly was very accurate.
    only downfall is when your filling from a bottle. as you cannot regulate how much pressure you are filling the tacs with as it depends on your bottle pressure.
    when i had a 232 bar bottle it was great....changed to a 300 bar bottle and it was spray and pray.
    you really need some sort of regulator fitted so each tac is the same

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post

Pics Here and here

It's funny you should mention the TACS guns - we in the UBC have just been approached by a TACS owner wanting to know if he can enter our 6yd Bullseye, Police Pistol and 10m competitions with his guns every month.

The answer? Hell yes, enjoy your guns and use the UBC as an excuse to shoot them regularly!

Just in case there are any more TACS owners out there needing an excuse, like...

is there a way to use a regulator between the bottle and ram charger oh and adjustable too

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    It's funny you should mention the TACS guns - we in the UBC have just been approached by a TACS owner wanting to know if he can enter our 6yd Bullseye, Police Pistol and 10m competitions with his guns every month.

The answer? Hell yes, enjoy your guns and use the UBC as an excuse to shoot them regularly!

Just in case there are any more TACS owners out there needing an excuse, like...
    And fun with guns is what the UNC's all about!

Jim