Thread: BARPC Easter Bunny Bash Results and photos

BARPC Easter Bunny Bash Results and photos

On behalf of BARPC I’d like to sincerely thank those who turned up at the 2011 Easter Bunny Bash event yesterday at Popham.

Before we started, we knew the numbers attending would be fairly low but even we were surprised at how low the attendance was in the end. Having to squeeze the BB in before Easter was always going to be an issue, especially when the grounds are only available alternate Sundays. Clashing with the worlds was always going to pull some shooters away but perhaps it was the forecast for a beautiful day or the Grand Prix that kept the majority of competitors away.

What I do know though is that this year’s Bunny Bash was arguably the best in recent memory if not ever! The grounds were superb with a carpet Bluebells (some of which got in the way of the odd pellet) and Primroses and the course build by a dedicated few was amazing with not a single target that could be taken for granted. Each had to be thoroughly worked out and checked again. As one visitor put it, “a thinking man’s course”. Those who would normally have attended missed something very special today.

Top shot in Open was Dave Godwin with an impressive 77 which fails to show how challenging the course was until you remember that Popham is Dave’s home ground and he’s one of the best classic HFT’ers around! The next 3 positions were four points behind on 73 resulting in a 3 way shoot off.

Not detracting from Dave’s efforts in any way, but Clive Turner’s 76 with a springer on that course was an amazing achievement, especially when you look at how far down the rest of the springer field were!

The pistol courses proved another challenge and although I didn’t get to shoot the course myself other than a few random shots at the end, the fact that every target got dropped several times proved that a clear round could have theoretically been achieved.

Special mention should be given to Richard Chase who shot round with and old springer (and I don’t mean Biggles or Spongey) in the shape of a BSA Scorpion with no rear sights!

I think top pistol entry though should go to Junior member Mike Worth who with a borrowed RWS C225 he’d never shot before, entered his first ever pistol HFT and shot a 40 to show up every other adult shooter today. It’s also the last time I lend a kid one of my guns.

Well done and once again a big thanks to all our friends and members who supported us today. We hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did putting the event on.

Bob and the team.

SomePhotos

RESULTS

HFT - ex 80

RECOILING

Clive Turner – North Oxon – 76
    Bob Ward – BARPC – 61
    Colin Baggs – BARPC – 60
    Glenn Williams – BARPC – 43 on count back
    Adrian Christie – BARPC – 43 on count back

Paul Bristow – NRA – 41
    Danny Taviner – NRA – 34

Both the above two scores were shot with a shared BSA Meteor!

OPEN

Dave Godwin – BARPC – 77
    Phil Cosham – BARPC – 73 – 2nd after shoot off
    Graham Guest – ARPC – 73 – 3rd after shoot off
    Pete Chaffe – BARPC – 73 – 4th after shoot off
    Steve Wells – Meon – 71

Mike Byford – The Oaks – 70
    Heather Turner – North Oxon – 69
    Richard Chase – Ford – 68
    Mike Burgess – Swallows – 68
    Dave Burroughs – BARPC – 66
    Norman Wells – Meon – 65
    Craig Goswell – BARPC – 65
    Jonathan Hurwitt – Independent – 64
    Ian Sheppard – BARPC – 64
    Neil Scripps – BARPC – 57
    Ryan Kirby – BARPC – 51

JUNIOR

Andrew Scripps – BARPC – 64
    Michael Worth – BARPC – 55
    Phillip Christie – BARPC – 45

PISTOL HFT – ex 60OPEN CLASS

Ian Sheppard - BARPC – 43
    Michael Worth – BARPC – 40 – Junior (last time I lend a kid a gun)
    Adrian Christie – BARPC – 37
    Jonathan Hurwitt – Independent – 36
    Phillip Christie – BARPC – 35

Iron Sights Recoiling Class

Richard Chase – Ford – 40 (Not bad for an old un with a nearly as old Scorpion with NO rear sight)
    Ian Sheppard – BARPC – 34
    Mike Burgess – Swallows – 32
    Jonathan Hurwitt – Independent – 29
    Paul Bristow – NRA – 25
    Mike Byford – The Oaks – 20
    Danny Taviner – NRA – 18
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

I was nobbled by two nobblers in the Pistol HFt...Stolen Pride!..

XX Aim on!...Yeah right!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    I was nobbled by two nobblers in the Pistol HFt...Stolen Pride!..

XX Aim on!...Yeah right!
    I let you start with the mighty sightless Scorpion, but you couldn't handle it mush, so you chose the Biggles-eyesight-zeroed HW45, complete with 6 inch off aim point.

If you can't take the heat... have another go

That was fun.

Bob and BARPC - top marks chaps, attendance may have been down, but we had a great time(I even managed a quick kip as you have so kindly pointed out). A better day out you simply can't do. Just wait for the Sizzler

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit