Thread: I have the urge for another plinker!

I have the urge for another plinker!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the asg Dan Wesson 8"? or is there a better revolver out there?

many thanks for your replies.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

yes ..the smith 586 6''

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    I am quite partial to the Dan Wessons - I love the whole ceremony of loading the shells. The Umarex S&W feels better, shoots better, but doesn't quite have me reaching for it when I fancy a plink.
    Toilet trained since March

I've got other pistols for more "serious" shooting but i just fancied something a bit fun like has been said, i like the novelty of loading the bb's into the "bullets" seeings as i can't have a nice brocock tac system anymore
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

I have the dan wesson 6inch stainless in 177 and it was the "realism" of the shells that made the decision for me. It sits in the hand nicely, is a very good weight with excellent balance and shoots surprisingly well (when you're used to pellet pistols)

Never really been into bb guns as much as the pellet ones, but found myself recently picking them up here and there as I now own all the pellet pistols I want. To that end, I just acquired a CZ75 P07 duty, the one with the 2 tone slide and blowback - it's very VERY good, especially the blowback as it operates properly (cocking the hammer for the next shot) and the slide locks back when empty. It also came with a suppressor, as the end of the barrel unscrews a la umarex s&w for it to fit and it sort of does an OK job of reducing the c02 crack.

Over the last 12 months i've found my BB gun collection growing, to that end I now have the umarex MP5, the dan wesson 6inch stainless, the CZ75 P07 duty, umarex PPK and a drozd. I intend to add the CP99 compact and the SA177 to my collection soon. All the ones I have are very well made, and are LOTS of fun but as said, I highly recommend the CZ75 P07 duty, though after mooching round the interweb I don't know where some of the RFD's get their prices from - if, as they argue, they are only offering them at the RRP then my local RFD must be selling everything at a loss as he is ALWAYS cheaper, sometimes by about as much 40 - 50quid per gun, but I digress!

Im not very good at sorting new pistols and it is often months before I can be bothered to sort out technique.
    This comes from having a lot of pistols!
    As an example I bought my 8 inch Dan Wesson a year ago and put two capsules of shots through it!
    But I took it out last week and found that shot single action with one hand it is really quite accurate at 6 yards.
    Previously I had just blasted away at cans.
    I think they are unique and pretty good.
    Priced well too!
    S & W obviously better but dont like the matt black or the price and we are talking plinking here.
    So get one

THe S&W may be more accurate but for me the Dan Wessons are the most fun out there, I really cannot get on with the magazine system for the S&Ws and they look awful.

I am however a model maker as well as shooter so the appeal to me is as much about the way you operate it as the way it operates. I shot pistols before the ban and I prefer BB pistols to pellet pistols (my HW45 being an exception), the BB pistols are often more of an attraction to me than the pellet pistols because of the way they operate.

Thats true and if you are just can bashing they are more fun, just as good and cheaper to run.
    Now the warm weather is here I can use all my blowback ones