Thread: Hello from a born again newbie

Hello from a born again newbie

Hi All,
    I'm just getting back into air guns after a break of about 30 years. I used to have a BSA rifle, exact model I can't remember but I was 16 at the time so you can forgive me that. I recently decided I wanted to get back into the sport and bought a Webley Alecto pistol, which I have found to be very very accurate and consistent.
    I'm in the process of joining a club and have taken my 13yr old daughter along a few times. She's been using the club guns and has got the bug and wants a rifle of her own now.

That's great, but she's a bit good, perhaps too good

The guys at the club have suggested some options to look at, AA S400, BSA Scorpion and someone else has suggested a BSA Ultra which should be accurate enough up to 60 metres and balanced enough for her to use easily and fine for me to use also.

We've decided not to got for a springer, although she hits the target, because of the recoil she flinches. It's all a bit weird though, she takes the shot, hits the target, then flinches, so it's a bit of an afterthought rather than flinching in anticipation of the recoil.

Anyway I've rambled on enough, so I'll leave you all alone now.
    Last edited by Maplin; 24-04-2011 at 08:13 AM.

hello & welcome back to airgunning

hi and welcome

hi, im also just getting back into it now though only 5 or 6 year break, still im surprised at the amount of new brands and rifles out there after only a short time.