Thread: Tawd Vale Latest - Gemma "Too cold to Shoot"

Tawd Vale Latest - Gemma "Too cold to Shoot"

Just got back from Tawd Vale after another superb HFT shoot at Tawd Vale.

NEWSFLASH
    Gemma Taylor stayed indoors and kept warm which gave the rest of us a sporting chance.

Number of shooters well over 50 again and this time theres a good few of the regulars on Holiday.

Great course put out by Ian(Acenorth) and Jeff.

Superb shooting by Mart Monaghan 77/80 to make up for his late arrival on the last comp. then three on 75 inluding a certain well know UKAHFT marshall.

Nice to meet a few new faces - I can see this comp going from strength to strength. Hope you all enjoyed it. A big thanks to those who helped, contributed prizes or just took part - well done. See you next month Feb 27th.

SteveH

Elmerfud,

Thanks for your comments on the other thread. Glad you enjoyed it. We are doing one each month on 4th sunday. (2 Weeks after the NWFTA GP)

Next one as above. Hope to see you there.

SteveH

again steve, a fantastic day out. {really nice weather too some really top class shooting aswell. and the course was very tricky this time. some back breaking shots, but good fun. well done to ian and jeff for that one !!
    and the bacon butties went down a treat on such a nippy day.......
    just hope i can get to the next one.
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    It was a good day and I hope we didn't make it too easy, although I have some cunning shots lined up for the next one (thanks to Sparky for the ideas )

Steve, I can see with the number turning up that we will have to treat it like a UKAHFT event and assign 3 to a numbered peg and go for the 30 peg/30 shot theme.

Steve, have you got the scorecards? As its nice to post the scores for everybody to see where the came (the ones with Internet access that is)

The well know UKAHFT marshall was our own ex member The Golden Shot, who scored a respectable 75 ex 80.. well done Steve, even if I did try and put you off...

I myself didn't do too well and on one of the trickiest of shots, that I set up, got a big fat smiley ZERO...

Did you get my email BTW SteveH...?

Gemma, the weather was lovely, if you read this, you really let your Dad and brother off...

Regards

Ian
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

Not too easy Ian, just some very good shooting today. I'm going to have to lay off the Saturday night Stella if I'm to improve.
    As you say, we need to enforce the UKAHFT rules - then TV will be one of, if not, the best round on the circuit.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    Not too easy Ian, just some very good shooting today. I'm going to have to lay off the Saturday night Stella if I'm to improve.
    As you say, we need to enforce the UKAHFT rules - then TV will be one of, if not, the best round on the circuit.
    exactamundo dave.........the sat night booze up is donig me shot placement no favours.....as for gnipper........im amazed he could even see the targets after getting in at 6am.......tea and biscuits from now on, on a sat night
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

Ian,
    did not get your PM
    but my "box was full" as the actress said to the bishop.

Steve.

agreed on all of the above, I have a feeling its going to go from strength to strength. I must say, when you find yourself on a peg next to a once WORLD FT champion, it sort of gives you a bit more focus. The standards of shooting where very good today, and the courses are challenging enough, todays winner was one of the clubs top FT shooters....

Saying all that, you don't see any miserable faces and everybody is enjoying the sport.

as the advert says 'im lovin it'
    Last edited by andy_scouser; 24-01-2005 at 08:23 AM.

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Ian,
    did not get your PM
    but my "box was full" as the actress said to the bishop.

Steve.
    Steve, it was an email not PM...
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME