Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2011 Round 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT 2011 Round 2

'Official' Round 2 notice thread just posted HERE

Please save your banter for here

Just hope we can respond to the quality of Derek and the Horsham gang's quality hosting for Round 1.

As more than 5 times as many of you are reading this thread rather than the other notice, I thought I'd better replicate the info and 'rules' here

Next Sunday - the 1st of May - sees the 2nd Round of this year's Sussex Interclub. For this round the comp moves to Swallows FTC, just south of the East Sussex county town of Lewes and the village of Kingston.

Usual 'rules' - gates open at 08:00; booking in from 09:00 and intended kick-off time 10:00. You must be there in time to book in and attend the safety briefing, which will be around 09:50, if you wish to shoot.

And the other usuals for visitors to Swallows FTC - please behave yourselves and keep noise to a minimum (due to our sharing the venue with some serious carp fishermen) and be prepared for lumpy ground and a generous helping of nettles and thistles.

If you've not visited us before, the site is very close to (only a couple of hundred yards south of) the Lewes Garden Centre (BN7 3NE) and is signposted to the Swanborough Fishing Lakes. Please follow the signs and/or parking marshals directions to our field and do not leave your vehicle in the fishing car parks. You can also find us on the UKAHFT Club Finder list from THIS page.

We will be offering the full catering package during the day. Starting with breakfast fodder (bacon/egg/sausage rolls) prior to the shoot start, and burgers while Richard and I try to make sense of your score cards. Tea/coffee and soft drink may also be purchased all day. Ref the burgers, I am assured that we will NOT run out this year and that Mike's Buns are huge

Hope to see lots of you next week for a fun (and sunny) shoot.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 25-04-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: copying text from the other thread
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member