Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

I Picked up a FAS 604 a week ago from a RFD, so far I am better with the HW40, I think this is because of the fibre optic sight. (I see you got the FAS at a good price.)

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    I Picked up a FAS 604 a week ago from a RFD, so far I am better with the HW40, I think this is because of the fibre optic sight. (I see you got the FAS at a good price.)
    Yes the fibre optic sights on the HW40 are GREAT but i will have to live without them and yes i was happy with the price of the Fas and cant wait to get my hands on it.

Yes the fibre optic sights on the HW40 are GREAT but i will have to live without them and yes i was happy with the price of the Fas and cant wait to get my hands on i
    Let me know how you get on with it.
    Someone is selling replacement seals for the FAS on 'bay (around £6.00), I bought a set. Also there is a hand grip with adjustable palm rest from another seller.
    Last edited by silvershooter; 10-05-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo

Someone is selling replacement seals for the FAS on 'bay (around £6.00), I bought a set. Also there is a hand grip with adjustable palm rest from another seller.
    I dont get the gun until next week but yes i will let you know how i get on with it and thanks for the tip i will look on that site.

Got a set of replacement seals i have been told i dont need them but for just under £6 why not and found this good link too
    http://home.comcast.net/~fc60net/FAS...04_Rebuild.pdf
    Last edited by pr1uk; 10-05-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: adding information

Quote Originally Posted by pr1uk View Post
    I dont get the gun until next week but yes i will let you know how i get on with it and thanks for the tip i will look on that site.

Got a set of replacement seals i have been told i dont need them but for just under £6 why not and found this good link too
    http://home.comcast.net/~fc60net/FAS...04_Rebuild.pdf
    Reading the PDF this is not a job that i could complete you would need to be a vary handy person if i tried i would completely ruin the gun.
    Always know what you could or can't do this for me is a no can do.

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    FAS604 is one of the easiest guns to service around - it literally is a few drift pins and you laughing - if you don't do it, you will never learn, and the worst that could happen is you end up with a bag full of bits

Seriously, give it a go, or find someone local who could show you how to - shame you are so far away, I love taking things apart :-)

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    FAS604 is one of the easiest guns to service around - it literally is a few drift pins and you laughing - if you don't do it, you will never learn, and the worst that could happen is you end up with a bag full of bits

Seriously, give it a go, or find someone local who could show you how to - shame you are so far away, I love taking things apart :-)

Lee
    Been told the one i am getting is sound and does not need doing but for just under £6 i thought the seals are worth having just in case. You can believe me i useless and anything to do with DIY and if i did try to replace the seals i would end up with a bag of bits :-(
    I know my limits

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I love taking things apart :-)

That's usually the easy bit (Especially if you've been using ..... ummm.... "improvised" tools )
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Hello i am a person who makes their mind up almost instantly and i instantly took a dislike to the HW40. The Fas 604 arrived today and instantly i liked it feels a little tight in the hand (medium grip) but feels like a part of my arm and it shoots lovely. Sold the HW40 yesterday and will not miss it but the Fas is here to stay as said its first impressions i know but its a lovely gun got it all the looks, feel and shoots better then me. Now i really know how bad i am as i cant blame the gun anymore thats for sure.
    we do what we do because we like it

Now i really know how bad i am as i cant blame the gun anymore thats for sure.
    Have you got a 10m range with the right target ? I took me a while to get used to the FAS, following through is essential as it has a low muzzle velocity. Too windy where I live to practice today. Good luck.

Have you got a 10m range with the right target ? I took me a while to get used to the FAS, following through is essential as it has a low muzzle velocity. Too windy where I live to practice today. Good luck.
    I can only do a 7 or 5 metre as thats all the space i have on the boat to be honest i use the 5 mostly. So no i cannot shoot at the real distance (need a longer boat) but it is still fun and that is all i can set up so i have to live with it. Yes the HW40 was more powerful but i just did not like it and the boat is draughty but i am not battling winds. I have had a couple of hours now with the Fas and it just feels so right and i have not changed anything also i use 17mm Bisley targets. Every single thing about the Fas i like and it was a good buy i dont think i will ever be able to afford a better single shot. Perhaps next a CO2 suitable for rapid 5 but my immediate quest for a suitable target pistol is over.

I do believe you quite like the FAS, Peter....my loss, your gain!!
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    I do believe you quite like the FAS, Peter....my loss, your gain!!
    Eric.
    I love it Eric thanks

Has the old girl found a resting place at last Eredel? Yes the FAS is a wonderful pistol I shot one for quite a while and managed through competitions with one for a few seasons too, I dont think you would go much better for the money you have to spend to get one of these and they also look the part even alongside newer more modern guns,I think maybe part of this is because they keep their finish so well and are easy to keep looking and working in tip top condition
    ATB Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Quote Originally Posted by martini1215 View Post
    Has the old girl found a resting place at last Eredel? Yes the FAS is a wonderful pistol I shot one for quite a while and managed through competitions with one for a few seasons too, I dont think you would go much better for the money you have to spend to get one of these and they also look the part even alongside newer more modern guns,I think maybe part of this is because they keep their finish so well and are easy to keep looking and working in tip top condition
    ATB Martini
    Looks as if she has....
    I loved the old girl but something had to go as the clay-busting urge has returned...I think the FWB 65 may have to go as well..
    Eric.