Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G-10 repeater

Quote Originally Posted by stagmanv835 View Post
    G10 HFT would be a great challange
    Odd you should say that. I used it at the HFT indoor range. It was so underpowered that all it did was make the knockdown targets wobble but they stayed up.
    Last edited by IanS; 02-05-2011 at 06:42 PM.

lol

got one off these so called guns, my gransons use it as a hammer, pmsl

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    Odd you should say that. I used it at the HFT indoor range. It was so underpowered that all it did was make the knockdown targets wobble but they stayed up.
    How about charity PPS
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Old, but not forgotten, at least by me

Hey all.

This is my first post. I just joined. Sorry to those who might be upset by me reawakening such an old thread.

Anyway, I only own one Air Gun. The SMK G-10 repeater. I've had it for many years. I've read a lot of people slagging it off etc, saying it was useless etc, but I have to say, although i'm no "expert" in Air Pistols, I always found it quite good, and I became quite the marksman with it too. Anyway, it's getting quite old, and could do with some TLC.

Basically, the breech seal is ageing and starting to crack and crumble. These seem to be like hens teeth nowadays, which is quite sad that such a popular gun has been allowed to sink into this situation of having its parts become un-obtanium. The part, named "BS024" here: https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24504/G10/#parts is the part i'm discussing.

I've tried EVERYWHERE, sending emails, searching websites galore etc, and no success anywhere. I've even searched under all the other various guises the gun goes under i.e. Diana original repeater, SMK G-10 repeater, Milbro repeater, and even under the other variations of G2000 and G2005 repeaters. Bottom line is, I cannot find ANY source for this part any longer. I've tried making my own (not easy) and discussed with manufacturing companies about the cost involved in making the said part (£820 for a minimum run of 100 units) and now i'm discussing with someone about the possibility of producing a couple from drawings i've put together, using 3D printing techniques....which might be possible it seems. Anyway, if this doesn't happen to pan out, does anyone know of anything which I might not, for possibly sourcing these parts? Any other gun which uses the same part? From what i've read, these guns were manufactured for about 40 years, and millions were sold worldwide! So I thought that someone, somewhere, might be able to help!?

Thanks for reading my long post. :-)

Rissy.

I think your find parts are not worth producing since the guns are only £30 or less new so there isn't a big market for new parts.

maybe cut down a bit of pressure hose, or make one out of leather?
    Donald

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Probably going to be easier to find and buy a new pistol, if you can't make a piston seal.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Probably going to be easier to find and buy a new pistol, if you can't make a piston seal.
    ill sell you a breech seal 40 quid posted comes with free G2005 and the box

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by treecreeper View Post
    ill sell you a breech seal 40 quid posted comes with free G2005 and the box
    OK, deal, paypal me £40 and I'll take the horrible thing off you
    Good deals with these members

I had the g10-15 ... it was the extended barrel version of the g10 & used darts, pellets & bb's with it. for what it was, it was quite good ... or a least, I thought it was. I had an old dart board I used to shooting darts out to 10 yards, bb's & pellets were for tins & paper targets

best gun i had it never damaged a pellet

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    Don’t all grown and tell me how crap it is I know.
    I had forgotten I had it and just found it in the cupboard where I had put it after someone gave it to me for free 2 years ago.

The problem I have is it won’t fire since the barrel seems too tight?
    You have to force the .177 pellet into it then it won’t fire the pellet out until you fire it several times pointing downward like the pellet is too big. But it is a .177 pistol which has Bisley .177 field target pellets for?

Also found some odd plastic rod/poking thing in the box with it?

Any ideas folks?????
    Great little pistol. I had one for a while, good out to 75yds (should read inches). Play and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Just a fun pistol. Better with BBs but will fire pellets; better if you pass them through the barrel first!
    I have an original boxed Diana model from about 50 years ago .... I had it from new, Xmas present. Great fun shooting from the upstairs landing into my room at paper targets in a box stuffed with old rags; must have been all of 10 feet. Then I retrieved the BBs or pellets to use again.
    Cheers, Phil
    50 years ago and you were already re-cycling, good on yer Phil