Thread: Martini Henry Mk IV bullet casting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for your generous offer re Trail boss, if he cannot make it i will get back to you.
    Your Ganhendras sound to be in great condition, did you get them from the Nepal cache via America? The one i have is OK but obviously not up to the standard of yours, another shooter i know bought 2 and one was only fit for wall hanging. the other is only as good as mine. Were you lucky or is there more to this?

Quote Originally Posted by cmnicholls View Post
    Thank you for your generous offer re Trail boss, if he cannot make it i will get back to you.
    Your Ganhendras sound to be in great condition, did you get them from the Nepal cache via America? The one i have is OK but obviously not up to the standard of yours, another shooter i know bought 2 and one was only fit for wall hanging. the other is only as good as mine. Were you lucky or is there more to this?
    got both from the uk in nottingham...about 140 each i think.
    both have slight pitting under the wood line but will only use the best one for shooting and i will keep the other for bits.....wood is ok too and no rot.
    would like a martini too when funds allow but they is plenty of time yet lol.
    you can see the pic of my gahendra on the british military martini forum under my same username as here... loiner1965.
    let me know in advance about trailboss as kranks keep most of they stock in bradford and transport the gear across a couple of times aweek so might not be in the shop....ring up and ask for ken etc

Just had a look on the British military forum, you gun looks good, i also noticed you were one of the people who replied when i asked for help identifying the smooth bore Ganhendra i got from IMA. Haven't shot that one yet but the local firearms section have agreed i can put it on a shotgun licence. Maybe one day i will get round to it. regards clinton nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by cmnicholls View Post
    Just had a look on the British military forum, you gun looks good, i also noticed you were one of the people who replied when i asked for help identifying the smooth bore Ganhendra i got from IMA. Haven't shot that one yet but the local firearms section have agreed i can put it on a shotgun licence. Maybe one day i will get round to it. regards clinton nicholls
    ah......you are the one...sorry for not reconising the username.
    apparently your rifle is mega rare, even rarer than mine.
    they are getting thin on the ground now, both my barrels are solid and not lap welded like the early ones so hopefully pressure will not be an issue.