Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Pistol Advice

Quote Originally Posted by pr1uk View Post
    Oh well to be honest the pre charged may be the best but i will not be going down that road even if you get the gun you need all the extras pumps etc.
    Just got to decide now whats best for me a recoilless SSP or break barrow i believe there were recoilless recognised target pistols, any recommendations. Then there is CO2 but they vary with temperature and i am not so sure they can be consistent but look like fun. Years ago they must have used break barrows so there must be some models out there that have balance and a good standard and fit for targets and now also must be in my price range now. Even seen on youtube a man rip the centre of a target out with a CO2 gun, and i thought finding a suitable pistol was going to be simple.
    I just wrote a bit of a guide for our club members. It may help you with your selection.

http://lincs-hft-club.co.uk/index.ph...o-air-pistols/

Thanks

Mark

Well done if you got it at a good price it certainly looks like a very able target gun hope you get on with it. I check the sale pages every morning and every night looking for a suitable target pistol. Too be honest i have so many guns in my head right now i dont know what way to go
    I paid £275 , the RFD, Checkmate guns, had 2 in stock both at the same price and condition.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    You are, of course, aware that this makes no sense as there is no variation in trigger mechanism parts across the Twinmaster range except the omission of the double action components on the top two target variants?
    ATB,
    Nick
    No, nothing to do with the trigger, though what you point out is reasonable. I was looking at it from the angle that single shot pistols will mean that the pellet is located in the barrel more accurately than when getting passed through a magazine, where any minute misalignment will shave the pellet, especially as the mechanism will wear to some degree over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    No, nothing to do with the trigger, though what you point out is reasonable. I was looking at it from the angle that single shot pistols will mean that the pellet is located in the barrel more accurately than when getting passed through a magazine, where any minute misalignment will shave the pellet, especially as the mechanism will wear to some degree over time.
    All bar the Match have the same loading action which takes either the 8 shot rotary mags or a single shot adaptor. If you have concerns you could always use a single shot. I had a Top and I could never notice any accuracy difference between using the mags and the single shot: it put pellets through the same (.177) hole rested at 15 yards.

The same criticism could be levelled at the Steyr multishot pistols but I suspect it's not actually an issue.

i take it that the rohm twinmaster sport will take a single shot tray which comes standard and the 8 shot tray or is this not possible? also is there any where or anyone who can give advice on tweeking the rohm

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by hodge1984 View Post
    i take it that the rohm twinmaster sport will take a single shot tray which comes standard and the 8 shot tray or is this not possible? also is there any where or anyone who can give advice on tweeking the rohm
    Like this -

http://www.magicniner.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

cheers mate your a legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    I just wrote a bit of a guide for our club members. It may help you with your selection.

Thanks

Mark

Well written and worth reading well passed on.

Peter
    Last edited by pr1uk; 04-05-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fact error

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post

Thanks

Mark
    After reading this link i have decided and just bought a Weihrauch HW40 PCA .177 second hand its got a mention in the link and some good write ups. Hopefully a good choice for a first target pistol only time will tell and roll on Fridays post.