Thread: A little help with a webley osprey

A little help with a webley osprey

Hi was just wondering if there are any tips, as to get this firing as the loading tap hole doesn't seem to line up with the barrel it takes a couple of goes to fire the pellet, but comes out with a good wack when it does.this was pulled from a pile rubbish in a garden
    begining to wish i'd left it there,not really could be nice,any advice will be gratefully recieved.
    ATB Keith

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Osprey

I would try to check whether it is out on the "left and right" alignment or the "up and down". If it is the former then you will either have to file the end of the tap so it can further in or shim to bring it out. If it is the latter then there is a fair chance that the plastic lever is not on properly and stopping the tap from closing properly. I had an airsporter that was doing this and on close inspection, the tap lever was just catching on the cylinder and stopping the tap from being fully closed.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

We have an Osprey and the tap is parallel sided ... some are a taper fit and can be adjusted. Our parallel tap leaked. I did wonder about getting another tap but there was no guarantee that the tap housing was not worn as well.
    As a short term fix, I coated the tap with a thin layer of superglue, let it set firmly and then proceeded to use fine wet and dry to remove the glue such that I left glue in those places where it was needed. I found the 'high spots' by repeatedly fitting the tap back in the housing and rotating it a fraction. After a few hours (!) of careful sanding I had the tap back in position but with a very few areas of thin glue remaining. This worked and the air seal was much improved, but not peffect. I do not know how permanent it will be ....
    Just a thought.
    Cheers, Phil

iv got a relum tornado my tap was loose when aiming it crept back causing missfire it had small spring washer missing just a shot in the dark you never know.

Osprey

Thanks Guys mine is the tapered loading barrel.I'll try and find out which way it is out with a cleaning rod.any other ideas.
    Regards Keith