Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos From Kempton - 3rd Sept 2023

Photos From Kempton - 3rd Sept 2023

A huge thank you to Peter and Liz Binfield, together with their efficient and friendly team of helpers for putting on yet another great fair. If it wasn't for your huge efforts, the collecting community would be a lot poorer in the sense of being served what is the best arms fair in the UK for vintage airguns. You don't do too badly in terms of militaria, antique firearms and deacts, etc either! Great to see lots of books on various stalls too. as well as pellets, both old and modern.

There were lots of highlights, such as a standard length BSA .25 Improved Model D, a very early Lincoln with a SN in the 300s that also had a Lincoln Jeffries foresight protector, a spring clip Webley Service, a beautiful factory cased Senior from the 1950s and even some Webley Premiers in excellent condition, both boxed and unboxed. I saw a 1974 boxed Premier in very good original condition change hands for £70, so bargains were to be had.

There was Parker Hale Patent Precision Rifled Air Pistol (I probably have the name slightly wrong!), a couple of Lincoln pistols, a beautiful boxed Milbro Cub (best I have ever seen) and a boxed Merlin on various stalls and Mike Sharp showed me a .25 rifled air cane that had some unique features including a ball joint on the pump.

There was a very nice J.C. Higgins Crosman 160 that I would have had, if I did not have one already and a plethora of Gats; both boxed and loose.

In the end, I came away with a KWC blowback Makarov because people keep saying how good they they are, and I can now test it and compare it with my beloved Baikal Makarovs. Brothers In Arms, who operate a shop in Christchurch had a couple at show prices, so I had to have one of them!

Anyway, here are a few snaps from the event.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7XC3rR8BjdLQkF92A

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Great shots as always John, definitely the friendliest and best stocked show I attend. Pete, Liz and team do a great job.

Good to catch up with some of the forum members also, Yourself, Ronnie, Coburn, Lawrie, Shed, Rapid nick et al. Apologies if I've missed anyone out. Also spotted one of the other other moderators doing the rounds from across the hall.

I came away with a rifle or four, plus a 12g poachers trap, seriously may have to consider the load my poor old floors are putting up with.

Nearly home now, so it will be time to unpack and have a quick play. Your musketeer will get a bit of a sighting in ready for a session of bell target next week.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Glad it was worth the journey Dave an I hope you enjoy the Musketeer. It's a nice little rifle.

Yes, it was great to meet up with BBS members and enjoy an all too brief chat.

Roll on the next one!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

great pictures John and some nice stuff on show,must try to get to it some time,nearly always working unfortunately.

Good to see you John, Pete and Liz, Unframed, Gingernut, Slug Gun and more of the usual suspects, even had a quick chat with Terry Doe and Tim Dyson.

Some lovely guns on sale once again, and many at bargain prices.

And money was raised for charity. Another excellent effort from Pete & Liz

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Great photos as always again from you John. nice to see some rare pistols, 2 W.R highest possibles and the Parker, as well as 2 boxed Acvokes in original boxes, other than repro ones.
    Some nice antique firearms as well. along with 2 .25 BSAs that's greedy. just hope my treatment works and l will be able to go along next year. l do miss it. also to Peter and Liz for putting on another great fair.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Great photos as always again from you John. nice to see some rare pistols, 2 W.R highest possibles and the Parker, as well as 2 boxed Acvokes in original boxes, other than repro ones.
    Some nice antique firearms as well. along with 2 .25 BSAs that's greedy. just hope my treatment works and l will be able to go along next year. l do miss it. also to Peter and Liz for putting on another great fair.
    You'll be there Mick.

Another WR HP turned up later in the day!

Yes there was certainly a huge choice of vintage airguns. When think back to my early years of collecting during the early 1990s, if I saw a couple of boxed Webleys to choose from, I was happy but such choices for today's collectors make me green with envy. There were some lovely Premiers at the show - one of my favourite Webleys that has been historically underrated IMHO. The unboxed B at the start of my photos was virtually brand new.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    A huge thank you to Peter and Liz Binfield, together with their efficient and friendly team of helpers for putting on yet another great fair. If it wasn't for your huge efforts, the collecting community would be a lot poorer in the sense of being served what is the best arms fair in the UK for vintage airguns. You don't do too badly in terms of militaria, antique firearms and deacts, etc either! Great to see lots of books on various stalls too. as well as pellets, both old and modern.

There were lots of highlights, such as a standard length BSA .25 Improved Model D, a very early Lincoln with a SN in the 300s that also had a Lincoln Jeffries foresight protector, a spring clip Webley Service, a beautiful factory cased Senior from the 1950s and even some Webley Premiers in excellent condition, both boxed and unboxed. I saw a 1974 boxed Premier in very good original condition change hands for £70, so bargains were to be had.

There was Parker Hale Patent Precision Rifled Air Pistol (I probably have the name slightly wrong!), a couple of Lincoln pistols, a beautiful boxed Milbro Cub (best I have ever seen) and a boxed Merlin on various stalls and Mike Sharp showed me a .25 rifled air cane that had some unique features including a ball joint on the pump.

There was a very nice J.C. Higgins Crosman 160 that I would have had, if I did not have one already and a plethora of Gats; both boxed and loose.

In the end, I came away with a KWC blowback Makarov because people keep saying how good they they are, and I can now test it and compare it with my beloved Baikal Makarovs. Brothers In Arms, who operate a shop in Christchurch had a couple at show prices, so I had to have one of them!

Anyway, here are a few snaps from the event.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7XC3rR8BjdLQkF92A

John
    Thank you John for sharing those... I really must make the effort to get there sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Thank you John for sharing those... I really must make the effort to get there sooner rather than later.
    It would be good to see you at one Harvey.

Kin regards,

John

looks like some cracking stuff there

Great pics as always thanks for sharing, I enjoy looking at your arms fair photos. I would've snatched up the 78G for 140, shame I can never make it to these arms fairs

I'm still searching for 78/79 If anyone is selling?

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    You'll be there Mick.

Another WR HP turned up later in the day!

Yes there was certainly a huge choice of vintage airguns. When think back to my early years of collecting during the early 1990s, if I saw a couple of boxed Webleys to choose from, I was happy but such choices for today's collectors make me green with envy. There were some lovely Premiers at the show - one of my favourite Webleys that has been historically underrated IMHO. The unboxed B at the start of my photos was virtually brand new.
    Thank you John, l really hope so. wow 3 WR HPs at one show. did you happen to get the se/nos.

ATB
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Thank you John, l really hope so. wow 3 WR HPs at one show. did you happen to get the se/nos.

ATB
    Mick
    Sorry Mick, no I didn't as I didn't study them in detail.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Lee5159 View Post
    Great pics as always thanks for sharing, I enjoy looking at your arms fair photos. I would've snatched up the 78G for 140, shame I can never make it to these arms fairs

I'm still searching for 78/79 If anyone is selling?
    Thank you Lee5159.

That was a nice pistol - not sure if it sold but I'd guess it did at that price for that condition.

Super photo's thanks for putting them up, I wish I could have been there.