Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hatsan Striker .25 cal

Nice review although the power problem you had was frustrating but glad you got it sorted. I bought one of these with the walnut stock "Striker X" .25 a few months ago. Chronoed at the shop useing marksman pellets at 11.2ftlb and has since gone up to 11.3ftlb. I bought 1000 Marksman no3 pellets (it seems everyone you speak to who has owned this gun recommends these ), and found the weights on my pellet scales to average 19.2 grains with only a small variance. Fitted with a red dot scope it is great fun to shoot. I find the trigger a bit creepy so will be fitting a WW HST trigger upgrade shortly.

mmm im liking .25 so far i have built a .25 custom ultra for my rat and feral work and it is doing a VERY fine job....i can link anyone to my build thread on another forum if interested pm me.
    Last edited by jonnyovy; 01-01-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: cant post link to another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bookamp View Post
    Nice review although the power problem you had was frustrating but glad you got it sorted. I bought one of these with the walnut stock "Striker X" .25 a few months ago. Chronoed at the shop useing marksman pellets at 11.2ftlb and has since gone up to 11.3ftlb. I bought 1000 Marksman no3 pellets (it seems everyone you speak to who has owned this gun recommends these ), and found the weights on my pellet scales to average 19.2 grains with only a small variance. Fitted with a red dot scope it is great fun to shoot. I find the trigger a bit creepy so will be fitting a WW HST trigger upgrade shortly.
    I'm seriously thinking about a wood stocked striker in .25, and have looked at the WW trigger upgrade - let us know how you get on and whether it's a worthwhile upgrade - I will get the gun and see how I get on with the original trigger first though....

I ordered the trigger from Will yesterday, so hopefully it will be here shortly. Once it is done I will give you an update.

Fast delivery or what, trigger arrived barely 24hrs after ordering. It is already fitted as it was so simple to do with easy instructions supplied and once done it has transformed it from a creepy trigger to a proper light crisp 2 stage unit. Anyone who has a Striker I strongly suggest fitting one of these units http://www.woodfield-gcp.co.uk/a-custom-parts.htm

Hatsan Striker

I have only read good things about the Striker in General straight from the box a good rifle (for the price), there is some intresting tuning kits available as well, delrin top hats and guides, XTitan springs etc, bought as a kit really helps take a lot of the Twang out and makes for a very tight, flexible hunting tool . I have seriously considered the .22 for a hunting springer as I mainly have CO2 at present.
    Live long, Die Oblong, but not for a long time yet.

The whole world smiles in the same language.

Any owners want to give an update of the rifles or any others in 25 ?

Rob

I own a hatsan 70 in .25 and a hatsan 900 x in .22 which a moderated striker. Now the 70 has a Quattro trigger and loves jsb, gave it a polish relube and ptfe piston sleeve, shoots spot on, only cost £90 new but had to wait 6months for it!!!
    If you don't want the wait my 900x aka striker, is also a good gun after a fettle including tbt kit fitted, and piston sleeve, trigger bit creepy but better after fitting a longer trigger adjustment screw, but no where near a Quattro.
    I've owned several hatsan's never had a problem with them, just don't expect deep blueing.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I own a hatsan 70 in .25 and a hatsan 900 x in .22 which a moderated striker. Now the 70 has a Quattro trigger and loves jsb, gave it a polish relube and ptfe piston sleeve, shoots spot on, only cost £90 new but had to wait 6months for it!!!
    If you don't want the wait my 900x aka striker, is also a good gun after a fettle including tbt kit fitted, and piston sleeve, trigger bit creepy but better after fitting a longer trigger adjustment screw, but no where near a Quattro.
    I've owned several hatsan's never had a problem with them, just don't expect deep blueing.
    Many thanks,

Rob