Thread: Hatsan Striker .25 cal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Back with power increased

Hi All,
    Well just got it back this morning with the power reset by the importer, apparently they had a delay waiting for information from the manufacturer, but I had a phone call Wed to say it was being done that afternoon & a call from the shop Fri to say it was back.

Straight off it feels a totally different rifle to shoot, there is a slightly more pronounced recoil kick, but not to the extent of feeling at all harsh, very similar to my old TX200,
    but god what a difference in perfomance !

I put 5 through the chrono to get a speed for "chairgun" which said increase zero range from 21yds to 24.5yds for the best PBR. First group was still 4" high from the old zero!

One very interesting fact is that at the lower power it seemed quite pellet fussy with only the Marksman no3 giving consistant groups, now every pellet is grouping much tighter, I think the Marksman has still just got it, but the H+N FTT is mighty close. Also the 2 heavy Bisley pellets have halved the holdover required. PBR is now 6-27yds

Muzzle velocity is pretty much 60 fps better across the board and chrono figures are now at a level that require very close monitoring, rangeing from 11.4lbft - 11.8lbft, so it may yet need to be turned back down a bit.
    Can't wait to take it out in the fields & woods tomorrow.
    steve.
    Forgot to add, when weighed the Bsa Pylarm is actuly 21.2 grains not the 18.6grain as stated on the tin so the old muzzle energy raised from 8.2lbft to 9.3 lbft.
    Last edited by angrybear; 21-05-2011 at 10:40 PM.

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the rifle?
    thanks

Andy,. they are about £150-00 in the shop.
    regds brian

good review

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the rifle?
    thanks
    Hi,
    Don't mind at all £110 from the Sportsman gun center, Exeter.
    steve.

Question

When you said ".....power reset by the importer...." what exactly do you mean?
    New spring, coils cut off, tuned, new rifle, turned button up a notch?
    Please explain.
    I am thinking of a Hatsan .25 cal and I would like to know what to expect.
    Many thanks.
    Freedom needs a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by cambrai1917 View Post
    When you said ".....power reset by the importer...." what exactly do you mean?
    New spring, coils cut off, tuned, new rifle, turned button up a notch?
    Please explain.
    I am thinking of a Hatsan .25 cal and I would like to know what to expect.
    Many thanks.
    Hi, as I said in the origonal post when I first got it & chrono'd it it was only just making
    9lbft the importer agreed that this was below acceptable limit so it went back to be adjusted up to around 11.5lbft.
    Frankly I have no idea what they did, but they said it was set to factory specs, so maybe someone just left out a washer behind the spring,
    It was not tuned, just put as it should have been from the start.
    What you should expect is a perfectly cappable, workman like rifle, with a pretty basic trigger & few rough edges, but still good value for money & enjoyable to shoot.
    If you want top quality you're going to have to pay more than £110!
    check out the what .25 thread in general airgun for more views
    steve

Aha,
    Just googled up the gun and came across this old thread, VERY INTERESTING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Nice review although the power problem you had was frustrating but glad you got it sorted. I bought one of these with the walnut stock "Striker X" .25 a few months ago. Chronoed at the shop useing marksman pellets at 11.2ftlb and has since gone up to 11.3ftlb. I bought 1000 Marksman no3 pellets (it seems everyone you speak to who has owned this gun recommends these ), and found the weights on my pellet scales to average 19.2 grains with only a small variance. Fitted with a red dot scope it is great fun to shoot. I find the trigger a bit creepy so will be fitting a WW HST trigger upgrade shortly.

Hatsan Striker

I have only read good things about the Striker in General straight from the box a good rifle (for the price), there is some intresting tuning kits available as well, delrin top hats and guides, XTitan springs etc, bought as a kit really helps take a lot of the Twang out and makes for a very tight, flexible hunting tool . I have seriously considered the .22 for a hunting springer as I mainly have CO2 at present.
    Live long, Die Oblong, but not for a long time yet.

The whole world smiles in the same language.