The first immpression on opening the box is that this is definatly not a starter rifle, this gun has been built to do a job of work.
Fair enough if you really look closely you can see where glue has oozed from under the coloured grip inserts, grey in this case, and the holes for the forestock screws are slightly deformed from the moulding but the whole thing seems solidly built, think landrover rather than range rover.

At 44" & weighing 7lb scoped its a fairly substantial beast but throw it up in to the shoulder and for me at 6 foot -16 stone it's a perfect fit, the well shaped cheek piece has 3 groves that give a nice feel, & once the scope was fitted it came to the eye perfectly everytime, I know its just luck but this could almost be a custom fit stock for me, it fits like a glove!
dispite all this praise there are a couple of faults, the grip inserts have the feel of slime, that strange goo kids have to play with, and the trigger is a bit basic with only 1 screw for adjustment, so longer and lighter or shorter and heavier. Out of the box it was very long & leathally light, its now set so I can at least feel it.

First time on the range was with the open sights and out to around 15 yds they would cirtanly cope for ratting or plinking, initially the barrel pivot was very tight but within 50 shots it had smoothed out but kept a good solid lock up, it takes a fair slap to open & needs to be snapped shut not slowly pushed closed.
I found the safety to be well positioned to release with the thumb but in the manual on & off are marked wrong way round, not clever so I sent them an email.

Being .25 cal it only needs a close range scope so I fitted a tasco world class 1.75-5 x 20, I did have to reverse the scope arrestor to get the correct eye relief but with the scope fitted the balance is superb.
So far in 4 days I've put around 300 pellets through it, its just so much fun to shoot, and with the scope zoroed to 21yds gives a pbr from 7 to 25yds,
To date from 21yds my best 10 shot group put 8 through 1 big hole about 20mm with 1 each side about 15mm wide but I think they were both down to the shooter not the gun, this was with Marksman no3 pellets which the gun loves but I don't know the weight for the chrono.

Ah yes the chrono.......VERY disapointing I'm afraid, these figures are after 300 shots.
When I first tried after 20 shots with the FTT's they gave 9.08lbft
bsa pylarm 18.6gr 446 fps 8.2lbft
pest control 26.4gr 386fps 8.7lbft
super field 24.3gr 403fps 8.8lbft
H+N FTT 20 gr 461fps 9.3lbft
Marksman ? 494fps ?

Considering this gun is built to give 650fps @ 18+lbft, in .25, where allowed, to be this low is not acceptable,
So with these low readings it has to go back to the shop/importer, but dispite that I still love this gun, and I can hardly wait to get it back at 11+ftlb.
if anyone is thinking of getting a .25 I would strongly recomend one, but maybe get the shop to chrono it before you take it away.

I'll update this if & when the power is sorted.
steve.