Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: come on own up......colchester gamekeepers

come on own up......colchester gamekeepers

they seems to be an influx of gamekeepers discussed on here recently so just wondering how many members have them...
    i will start....mine is serial number 00141

I have one, lovely guns. Not at hand for the serial but love polishing this gun.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by el maipino View Post
    I have one, lovely guns. Not at hand for the serial but love polishing this gun.

Pat
    if you ever change the seals on your valve i be interested to see a pic of it so i can see if its the same as mine

Mine is 00174

any issues with it and how does it shoot mate

I have Colchester Gamekeeper 00012

must be more out there....think they were around 200 or so made

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    any issues with it and how does it shoot mate
    When I got it I immediately got it serviced with Dave Brayford in Staffs Rifles, but TBH, have only fired a few shots so can't really comment. Dave said it was shooting fine following the service.

Like el maipino's comment above, just love holding it and polishing it!!!

mine just needs new seals on the basic knock open valve and it should fire
    had issues getting a charging adapter for the micro bore as it should be 1/4 bsp.
    tried rapid one and that would not fit.....we use the same threads at work and they screwed on ok....went to a gun shop and tried 6 adapters and none fitted in the end went to aaron wheelers place and he was going to make me one but decided to try a couple of his.....out of 3 only one fitted.
    think he said it was a lazy thread but all ok now.
    mine is in good nick for its age but in no rush to fire lol

Total made

Did read somewhere that of the total made , there was 25 ...is this figure for the special in wood furniture ? With 3 barrels ?
    Am sure looking thru old AW issues would resolve queries like this , but have none !
    A memeber here /elsewhere said that the plastic furniture on the main production was real ex mil. GPMG issue .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Arch.Stanton? View Post
    Did read somewhere that of the total made , there was 25 ...is this figure for the special in wood furniture ? With 3 barrels ?
    Am sure looking thru old AW issues would resolve queries like this , but have none !
    A memeber here /elsewhere said that the plastic furniture on the main production was real ex mil. GPMG issue .
    That's really interesting and I also heard somewhere that the barrels were from BSA Supersport rimfires.

A kind chap on Airgunforum is offering copies of the instruction sheets for Gamekeepers. He sent me one last week.

Micks Guns has one up for sale with two barrels (.177 & .22) #0015. Asking a slightly optimistic £1300.

I have number 69, kindly given me by Jeff Lawes,but have yet to get it working.
    Plastic grip, black painted wooden butt, nicely blued action, but nasty sharp edges here and there.There seems to have been no sealing in the valve around the striker stem to prevent air loss into the action; of course this may not be the original unit.
    All in all a nice idea for a take-down rifle that would have benefitted from a little more engineering thought in the development.
    ATB , Mark

mark.....post a pic of your valve and striker and i will see if its the same as mine...like you i have not resealed yet but i think the only issue will be to get the right size o ring rather than sealing issues.
    was told many went out new with parts of valves missing and some with none at all....mine looks really well made and a lot of thought went into it

Colchester Gamekeeper

Hi , I have two of these no 17 ( of 25 made ) wooden stock , overhauled by gunsmith last year using falcon valves . My most favourite gun of all , has three barrels and i usually use .25.Have tried plenty of different pellets but BSA pylarms seem to give best results.
    The other is black stock version no 00133 , has been overhauled also and again has three barrels and is currently up for sale here ( see sales or collectable section )
    Not sure how many were made in total but i would not be without one !