Thread: bsa magnum pistol seal.

bsa magnum pistol seal.

ide like to know if their is a upgraded breech seal for the mk 2 magnum as their easil split or sliced as it more looks.will a mk 1 seal fit ,cheers..

Moved to pistols.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Even though chambers list the Mk1 and 2 separately I believe what you get is just the same as when I ordered a Mk1 some time ago now I think you just got a little kit with an o-ring, little hex bolt and a small washer ala mk2 style.

The other thing is - and don't take this the wrong way! - are you sure it is the seal that is your problem and not something else not causing it to seal correctly?

seal

yep for sure its the seal ,bought it shot it 5 or 6 times and im gona presume its common a thin slither of seal came of the top of the seal its self,in the box it came in was a further 2 sliced it looks seals.mine is mk 2 with allen bolt.i can see no reason for it to slice off other than the rubber seems hard ,and constant use may push it off in a slice.i looked to see if a 0 ring may work but too thin.im gona try punch out a leather seal first.doesnt look a good designe for a contact seal.shame nice pistol tho.

Just for arguments sake, if and when you fit a new seal undo the rear screw a fraction before closing the pistol,

This will allow the hardened steel plate locking device,
    leeway to move up slightly to avoid sheer off problem,

Once the gun has closed allow a little time to settle before tightening the screw,

Hope this helps,

Bernard