The exact question is which is the best pre-WW2 gun?

Now many of you know just how high I rate pre-WW1 Beeza's and whilst I rate the Imp D sporting .22 air rifle, I dont think I would choose it.The pre-WW1 gun I have in mind is much much rarer.

For me the two guns I would choose would be,

Pre WW1 = The Britannia Anglo Sure Shot as I love the short full powered design,with two power levels, one for indoor shooting and one for outdoor shooting. The rearsight is a work of art and if only the gun had got the same amout of advertising and promotion as the BSA, it may have been more of a contender, and stopped some of BSA air rifle dominance. Superb build quality and a desireability that comes from being a rare beast.Most were made in .177 or .25 calibre, so a mage rare.22 model is the ultimate!!

Pre-WW2

The BSA Club Standard No.1 Air Rifle. Full sized 45.5" design in the superflat .177cal. A superbly accurate hard hitting gun which is one of the great secrets of the BSA underlever world. Full power high velocity gun, with improved adjustable trigger compared to the simpler design on the Imp D. Not too many made, so sought after now by 'those in the know' One of the best BSA's ever IMHO.

Interesting thread

Lakey