Thread: What pcp gun would you reccommend for a 10 yr old novice.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What pcp gun would you reccommend for a 10 yr old novice.

I'm looking for ideas for suitable pcp guns for a 10 yr old boy. We have tried the falcon light hunter which he liked a lot but breech kept on jamming, AGS PCP1 nice but too heavy, my as410 tdr nice but too long in the stock and a bit heavy. Anyone with a similar aged youngster with any recommendations? A few people have suggested bsa ultra but from the specs the weight seems about the same as mine.

All suggestions welcomed.

how about air arms s200,a nice light gun and plenty of bits and pieces about which can be added at a later date,the ultra mmc cocking would be a bit of a problem for a youngster,

andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrewluke View Post
    how about air arms s200,a nice light gun and plenty of bits and pieces about which can be added at a later date,the ultra mmc cocking would be a bit of a problem for a youngster,

andrew
    What he said
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Its a shame the Ultra mmc is so stiff, as it would make an ideal junior rifle

From what Ive seen, another s200 vote

Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

I must admit to being a bit of an Air Arms fanboy but I would have thought that the s200 would be a bit on the large size for a 10 yr old. Thanks for the replies and I will definitely take a closer look at the s200 and pay a visit to my local gun shop.

The Brocock Contour is very light and manageable for young shooters. I have one that my daughter uses.

It's easy to cock and load and is about the same size and weight as a 2250 Ratcatcher.

The only negative is the lack of a safety catch but as these shouldn't be relied on anyway it's no big deal I suppose.