Lee, I wouldn't class your posts as trolling; you have an opinion, which you put forth in a polite and correct manner. The other poster's insulting manner and general sarcasm appears to fall into the trolling/arguing for the sake of it category.

Regarding the highest levels of competition, where advantages can come at microscopic level you may well be right.

However, most target shooting and competition is at a much lower level, hence the view that there is still a place for the economies and convenience of CO2, as there is for "bits of Russian tractors" so disparagingly and inaccurately stated by our trolling acquaintance.

Top level comps. aside, technique is probably more important than the tools involved and technique can be learned with "the bits of tractor powered by fart gas".

I would imagine that the likes of Mick Gault could cakewalk a County comp with a Tau 7, though I could of course be mistaken.

Not everyone can afford Steyrs et al, nor can many clubs afford a brace to use as club guns for newcomers.

There is a place for everything. No-one is suggesting that CO2 is the Holy Grail, but to dismiss it out of hand for ALL serious and competition shooting is, with respect, a bit OTT (IMO).

You have every right not to agree, but I think that technique and mechanics are more important than propellant.