Thread: Is there room for CO2 in target/competition pistol shooting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You have to put things into context, really. YES, its all pcp now, but thats also cause thats a hype.And because people tend to look what OTHERS use instead of thinking/feeling themselves...It may be true that recent records are shot with pcp. But honestly, can YOU even shoot NEAR the older co2 records? No, you probably cant..CO2 matchpistol are still far better than we are, FACT.
    AND the 1996 co2 record was shot while there already wás pcp, dont forget that!

So, yes, CO2 DEFINATELY has a place in targetshooting! A guy on our club used to shoot Topclass of our country with a CP2 co2. With the 10 bést of the country. Yeah, co2 is really worthless..
    Pcp only becomes 'necessary' if yr shooting 380+ ex 400 or so. Why? Not cause of temperature, cause thats very exagerated, it's mainly because balance shift(co2 is filled on weight not pressure). And better ergo's, grips, adjustability etc of newer pistols. CO@'s are inherently just as accurate as pcp's.
    Well, I'm certainly nót shooting near 380+.

Buy a Tau 7, you'll love it! I have several Tau's, and I shoot BETTERr with those than with my pcp steyr, morini, hammerli or aeron!
    What fits YOU is more important than what its used to power it. Hey, that can even be a FWB65. Thats why I shoot so well with the Tau; it fits me like a glove.
    Its also ridiculous having to change CO2 halfway a match..My Tau's shoot 80-130 shots on a 12gr bulb. AND the Tau (and clones)is the only matchpistol with a grip reservoir. All the others use normal large underbarrel cilinders like pcp's use, which contain 40gr co2 or so=180 shots??.
    Its true you cant séé wether yr out of co2. But if yr smart, you start a match with a full cilinder. Thats what you do with pcp too, dont you?.
    Last edited by hwtyger; 04-05-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    ATB,
    yana